South America FJ40 (1974) - Add Heater/Defrost? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to figure out where people landed on their heater addition journey? Searching mud leads to summit racing and vintage air.
I have factory AC which I like, but I have no defrost ... which I need. Vintage air has disclaimers that their systems only work with US Spec vehicles.

Has anyone had any success adding heat/defrost to a vehicle that never had heat/defrost?

Thanks in advance!

I have FULLY Restored Rear Heater Kits if your interested , Period correct for you in every way

My SA FJ43 came without a heater or A/C. I sourced everything heater related from a sitting junker. Starting from the water pump back. If you find all of these parts it is plug and play. If I wouldn’t have able to to find all of the proper parts my only option would have been Vintage Air. I did not bother with adding A/C Or the rear heater.
If your windshield frame has the defroster vents I have a spare pair of vent tubes that go from the heater box to the defrost vents.

good luck and stay warm

devo

I'd assume your cowl has no defrost vents to the windshield? That could be quite a pain to add the vents. If you already have A/C adding a factory heater would be really easy, defrost could be a pain.

Thanks everyone, my windshield frame does not have any cutouts for defrost.

One thought I had is to go with a DC-AC inverter and plug in a hairdryer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom