Sourcing OEM brush guard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know these things are frowned upon, but I just need a price for insurance purposes. Were these sold by Toyota? Part number? All I found from previous threads is Manik 926050.

I know these things are frowned upon, but I just need a price for insurance purposes. Were these sold by Toyota? Part number? All I found from previous threads is Manik 926050.
When I got "front ended" in 2014, the insurance paid me $1100 for mine. But mine was chrome, so it was "extra special"

When I got "front ended" in 2014, the insurance paid me $1100 for mine. But mine was chrome, so it was "extra special"
Does this mean you "rear ended" someone else? They've estimated $650 for mine.

Does this mean you "rear ended" someone else? They've estimated $650 for mine.
No.

I had to make sure a State Trooper showed up to PROVE what happened. He had to go to the traffic cameras to verify my story because I knew what it looked like and I REFUSED to move until they got there.

Was at a stop light on an exit ramp from the interstate. Worked my way up through the line until I was second in line. The woman in front of me took off.
I looked to my left and moved forward. When I looked back forward again (and was stopped) she had decided she wasn't going there anymore, had slammed it in reverse, and was coming back at me FAST. I laid on the horn, but she ran into me and mashed in her trunk lid and bent my front bumper and brush guard. Fortunately, she hit low, so it bent the guard forward, away from the hood.

Then, she spoke no English, did not have a US driver's license (Mexico), and was driving a relative's car.

I was shocked when I received the check that the insurance actually paid out.

The real irony of the story is that I actually got rear-ended by a Honda Civic that morning in my LC. I was stopped at a light and the guy was taking a bite of his breakfast sandwich and hit me. He didn't have his license or insurance, had to call his mom, etc. That one was $650.

So, in one day, I had $1750 worth of damage done to my truck. So, that paid for major PM work and a set of sliders. I fully intended to get rid of the factory bumper and brush guard anyway, I just hadn't made the commitment yet.

No.

I had to make sure a State Trooper showed up to PROVE what happened. He had to go to the traffic cameras to verify my story because I knew what it looked like and I REFUSED to move until they got there.

Was at a stop light on an exit ramp from the interstate. Worked my way up through the line until I was second in line. The woman in front of me took off.
I looked to my left and moved forward. When I looked back forward again (and was stopped) she had decided she wasn't going there anymore, had slammed it in reverse, and was coming back at me FAST. I laid on the horn, but she ran into me and mashed in her trunk lid and bent my front bumper and brush guard. Fortunately, she hit low, so it bent the guard forward, away from the hood.

Then, she spoke no English, did not have a US driver's license (Mexico), and was driving a relative's car.

I was shocked when I received the check that the insurance actually paid out.

The real irony of the story is that I actually got rear-ended by a Honda Civic that morning in my LC. I was stopped at a light and the guy was taking a bite of his breakfast sandwich and hit me. He didn't have his license or insurance, had to call his mom, etc. That one was $650.

So, in one day, I had $1750 worth of damage done to my truck. So, that paid for major PM work and a set of sliders. I fully intended to get rid of the factory bumper and brush guard anyway, I just hadn't made the commitment yet.
Did you buy a lottery ticket that day? I mean what are the odds?

Did you buy a lottery ticket that day? I mean what are the odds?
I certainly should have.

I woke up with an odd feeling that bad stuff was going to happen that day.

I had the feeling again before I left the office to go home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom