Sourcing clutch assembly for an 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
I have a project 80. Very much considering swapping in a manual. I'm finding the lc80 clutch pedal assembly, cylinders, et cetera hard to source. Would anyone be able to recommend a possible location to obtain this?

I have a project 80. Very much considering swapping in a manual. I'm finding the lc80 clutch pedal assembly, cylinders, et cetera hard to source. Would anyone be able to recommend a possible location to obtain this?
I believe most of this should be obtainable from Toyota. Check with @joekatana. Planning my project for this next year. Would appreciate if you let me know what you find out. I’ve got 1-off info on sourcing parts.

I've tried partsouq, alas shows no availability on lost parts unless my search mojo just sucks. I'll try the other. Wish there was a kit somewhere without 199 parts.

You may have to up your search skilz and find the parts you need in foreign junkyards, want-ads, forums, etc.

After searching high and low for quite awhile, i ended up using the bucket from an older (thinking late 80s) Toyota truck. I had to do a few mods to it, mainly attach a small tab to secure it to the factory bolt hole under the dash. I dont know what your fab skills are but i also ended up making one out of 1/8 (maybe thinner) steel plate and i think it is actually better than the other one. If the one i have now craps out i think its actually easier to just custom make one that fits without modifying another one.

I had to custom chop, bend and weld a pedal. Actually used a brake pedal from a ford truck. Any pedal would do, just chop chop. It is really a very simple system, no springs, ajustment points, etc that i think a factory one has but it seems to work fine. I have an NV4500 trans.

Fred

After searching high and low for quite awhile, i ended up using the bucket from an older (thinking late 80s) Toyota truck. I had to do a few mods to it, mainly attach a small tab to secure it to the factory bolt hole under the dash. I dont know what your fab skills are but i also ended up making one out of 1/8 (maybe thinner) steel plate and i think it is actually better than the other one. If the one i have now craps out i think its actually easier to just custom make one that fits without modifying another one.

I had to custom chop, bend and weld a pedal. Actually used a brake pedal from a ford truck. Any pedal would do, just chop chop. It is really a very simple system, no springs, ajustment points, etc that i think a factory one has but it seems to work fine. I have an NV4500 trans.

Fred

Did you use a dodge or Toyota master?

Did you use a dodge or Toyota master?
I used a dodge master and slave. The master uses a twist lock to secure it to the firewall. You can buy the receiving side piece from valair for like $20. It has two attaching holes but i welded it to a plate which then sandwiches onto the firewall. I can take a picture.

I used a dodge master and slave. The master uses a twist lock to secure it to the firewall. You can buy the receiving side piece from valair for like $20. It has two attaching holes but i welded it to a plate which then sandwiches onto the firewall. I can take a picture.
If you don’t mind. Appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom