Sourcing a 67 fuel pump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a '67 40 and the PO parked it for 22 years but didn't take the time to drain the fuel. So needless to say I've got a mess in that department. I'm going to replace everything fuel related. I found a filter on CCOT but the pic of the 67 fuel pump does not look like the one on my cruiser. Anyone know of a place to get one or if that is truly the correct pump?

Thanks

Did you take it apart and check it out. Check just need a good cleaning. Toyota use to sell a rebuild kit for the fuel pumps. Pretty sure they don't anymore sell them anymore. But I won't be surprised if they still sell new one. You would have to ask for a pump for a 69 FJ40 but it should work. Just remember even if you install a new pump any junk in the lines will still end up in the pump and can cause problems. So I would take it apart and clean it up first.

buy anyone of the pre 78, 79+ requires a spacer. the inlet and outlet might be slightly different but you can take off the fittings on your old fuel pump and use them on the new one.

Even napa and autosone have the kyokian Densi which is oem.

Did you take it apart and check it out. Check just need a good cleaning. Toyota use to sell a rebuild kit for the fuel pumps. Pretty sure they don't anymore sell them anymore. But I won't be surprised if they still sell new one. You would have to ask for a pump for a 69 FJ40 but it should work. Just remember even if you install a new pump any junk in the lines will still end up in the pump and can cause problems. So I would take it apart and clean it up first.

I will try taking it out and cleaning it tonight. I'm going to replace all the fuel lines and filter so I won't have to worry about that old junk getting sent through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom