Sources for camp accessories you might not have considered. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Almost everyone in the club goes camping and we all have a wide variety of different brands of accessories we bring. I'm referring specifically to powered accessories in this post. I Had never had much need for cordless tools until I purchased my home however, with my recent job I've had to purchase many more. This has led me to discovering the immense variety of tools these major brands have that can double as great camp gear!

Some of the gear that comes to mind first is lighting and power sources. Everyone that I have camped with has some form of lighting or battery back up for cell phones and such. Your cordless brand of choice has done tons of R&d into making said lights and sources and making them robust with large batteries to power them. I personally have Ryobi but, Milwaukee, Makita, DeWalt all have similar items.
Screenshot_20230101-102926.png

Screenshot_20230101-102438.png

These are only a few examples. Now with the price point on these or any gear really I'm not saying to go out and buy hundreds of dollars in cordless batteries if you don't have them. I'm just suggesting a possibile untapped resource that's probably already in your home!

Some companies have specialty items that might appeal to some out there as well. Makita has a cordless coffee maker for those caffeine addicts out there
Screenshot_20230101-102432.png

Or if you wanted a powered cooler but don't wanna wire it into your rig they have got you covered there as well
Screenshot_20230101-102254.png

Most of the examples I have put forth so far are powered by the brands main line battery's like 18v which for those of us that have cordless tools probably have the most batteries for. I have about 6 batteries. Also they can be charged on the go from your vehicle while your off roading to replenish what you might have used over night.

Ryobi even announce different foldable solar chargers that will be coming out this year. They have a neat battery charger for their larger 40v line that when plugged in will charge these massive batts but if you lose power it doubles as a generator. Providing 1800w of power for a time depending on what amp hour batteries you have attached to it.
Screenshot_20230101-102819.png

I basically made this post to let people know of this possible untapped source of camp gear that has been proven to be tough and long lasting. If you have cordless tools in your garage consider buying some of these. Go online and see what your brand of choice offers. And if you don't wanna pay full price go on the offer-up app or Facebook marketplace and pick up some used ones!

See you out on the trails!

Good reminder, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom