Source for torque converter ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
96 Lx450

Well after rebukldig my 1FZ-Fe engine , it's time to slap the trans back on and drop the motor back in to the LX. Upon inspection of my torque converter , I discovered the alignment stem is broken off. I asked a trusted local machine shop about reattaching, and they advised against it because it has to be so precise .

So I started looking for a used torque converter and it seems that no one wants to part with the them separate from a used transmission / TC package.

This leaves me with 2 remaining options - new OEM Toyota unit or a rebuilt one . After searching the web it seems that the 80 series torque converters almost never go bad, so there are very few aftermarket options. I found a DACCO one for a reasonable price , but I have no experience w/ this brand. It seems like it might be autozone quality which I usually stay away from. Does anyone have any other recommendations ? Thanks in advance !

Have you tried car-part dot com?

FYI for anyone else who finds this thread , the only realistic option is a used one. I ended up getting one from a helpful IH8mud member

a trans shop set up to rebuild and customize TC can put it on correctly. the average trans shop does not do that. if i remember right it was DACCO in Cooksville TN that did mine shipping was more expensive than the repair i was in it $100 all said and done if i remember correctly. i called about 10 trans shops before being referred to them as who they have modify and buy new parts from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom