source for HDJ81 Headlights with built in fog detector and fog bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where to find these? The ones with the moisture detectors or whatever that turn on the fog lights automatically. Need the left side as shown in pic

I've never heard of auto foglights on anything, and I got these headlights with the low/high on one side and fogs on the other stock on my HDJ81. There was a dash switch to turn the foglights on.

Interesting, what year is yours? U can see the sensor sticking out of the casing in the pic I posted. There's a rubber tube that runs to it. Thinking moisture runs down the tube and somehow closes a connection and turns on the lights. Didn't even realise what they were until one day noticed the fog lights on, and it was foggy out so I guess they work :)

Interesting, what year is yours? U can see the sensor sticking out of the casing in the pic I posted. There's a rubber tube that runs to it. Thinking moisture runs down the tube and somehow closes a connection and turns on the lights. Didn't even realise what they were until one day noticed the fog lights on, and it was foggy out so I guess they work :)

Are you talking about the nozzle below the headlight? That's for the headlight sprayer/washer system, it's not part of the headlight, I retained it when I switched to DEPO headlight housings.

Both my '91 and '93 HDJ81's had the headlight washers and low/high and fog headlights.

That's what I thought they were initially but I googled somewhere that they turn on the fog lights ? I have no fog switch but the lights come on when foggy. So confused
:p

My stupidity could be a blessing tho at least. I just need to find any light with a fog light inside and should be plug and play. I don't gIve a dang about sprayers lol

Fog light switch should be to the right of the steering wheel, next to the headlight sprayer button. Do you have an HDJ81, or what are you working with?

52021_1459094960.jpg

I'm pretty sure I sold my stock headlights already...I can have a look this weekend if you'd like.

That's weird, my '93 HDJ81 doesn't have a fog light switch like that, it has a 3 way toggle switch. Top position for the headlight fogs, middle position for off and bottom position for fog lights in the bumper (which I dont have installed, but I see wiring present behind the bumper).

That's weird, my '93 HDJ81 doesn't have a fog light switch like that, it has a 3 way toggle switch. Top position for the headlight fogs, middle position for off and bottom position for fog lights in the bumper (which I dont have installed, but I see wiring present behind the bumper).

Sounds aftermarket, can you post a pic?

Yeah, sounds like aftermarket. My dash looks the same as Ian's and my truck is a '94 HDJ81. Sprayer/washer nozzle is visible in the pic. I think there might be another tube from the bottom of the headlight as well, but it's a moisture drain for if you get moisture in the headlights rather than being some kind of sensor.

Are you sure you don't just have your headlight switch in "Auto" ?

My HDJ80 has a fog light switch but it is only connected to the rear tailgate lights (which I found out is some Swedish option or something??). No fog lights in front. I would like to see these stock fog lights and if they really come on in the fog. Really crazy. No sensor there either on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom