Source for extended rear brake lines? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any ideas on where I could procure some extended rear brake lines from. I want to extend my rear brake lines about 2" (the two flexible ones from frame to rear axle) to allow for a bit more droop in the rear suspension.

Any suggestions on places that might be able to either sell me a pair, or build some?

Based on a recommendation from a forum member, I tried to work with Parker (Please wait while we redirect....), but could not find a location that was in my neighborhood.

Are there other shops/chains out there that I should look out for? I'm in the Philly area (45 min North of the city center) in case there are any small local shops.

Thanks!

Not sure about all NAPA stores but the one in Grand Junction CO saved my day apart of one of my mechanicals on last year's Utah trip.

You might also try clutch and brake shops...I've had SS brake lines made there in the past too.

I am pretty sure there was a thread with sources and part numbers..... Might be dreaming though....

Thanks Guys! I think that link was what I was looking for (yes, I just noticed that I had already posted on in previously...)

What do you need them for on a 100? With 3" lift and the most travel/droop one can get...I don't need mine extended. ???

What do you need them for on a 100? With 3" lift and the most travel/droop one can get...I don't need mine extended. ???

I'm relocating the lower rear shock mounting point for my AHC suspension by about 60mm, which will then increase droop by about the same amount.

I wanted to extend the brake lines by about 2" to accommodate this change (it was my understanding that the stock lines might be too short for this...)

From the sounds of it, you didn't extend your rear brake lines when you installed the N74L's?

The other option is to ghetto-rig it like Shotts. :flipoff2:
40915972-L.jpg

You've effectively extended the rear brakes line(s) by bending the hardline and moving the mount lower. So either way, the brake line(s) do need to be extended.

Even your mechanic thinks so! From your very own "5-year step-by-step build-up website"
robert.jpg

braided and jacketed stainless lines ... are nice! on other vehicles, I've seen an improvement in stopping performance. on the cruiser, maybe a little improvement, but the break system worked pretty well for standard applications even before the upgrade. for me, warped rotors were a great excuse to overhaul a few breaking system components at the same time - lines, rotors, pads and thorough flushing.

The OP asked for sources for extended brake lines. You said it wasn't necessary but you didn't acknowledge nor address the brake line issue. It would've been better if you just didn't say anything. Somebody taking your word as gospel could've been going down a steep hill, flexed out the suspension until a brake line broke and it would've been disastrous.

The OP asked for sources for extended brake lines. You said it wasn't necessary but you didn't acknowledge nor address the brake line issue. It would've been better if you just didn't say anything. Somebody taking your word as gospel could've been going down a steep hill, flexed out the suspension until a brake line broke and it would've been disastrous.

It is well tested...period. Everything was checked out and the relocated stock lines provide enough length for even this travel. No danger here. So the mod is gospel...and it's held up for years of droop that others do not have.

IF somebody finds a way to add more lift and/or extention then THEY need to research if a longer line is needed. With this dude's setup the work is already done and is gospel.

John,

You are talking circles around yourself here. No, longer brake lines are not needed....yes they needed to modified and relocated.

Modifying/relocating the factory break line or installing longer break lines are the same result.

John,

Modifying/relocating the factory break line or installing longer break lines are the same result.

Nope. To add in a brake line means add in a new piece...need to bleed...possible leaks...better to not touch stuff unless it is needed which it is not. Clear enough or still circles?

What are you going to do when the N74XXL's come out? :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom