Source for an oil outlet hose on a 2h engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi mudders,
I think this is an oil outlet hose on my 2h engine (see pics). It runs from the back of the alternator to the block. It feels like it's a solid piece, not like a rubber hose and I'm not even sure how it comes off. Looks like the bottom part pulls off after a bolt is removed but not sure and don't really see how the top at the back of the alternator comes off. Any help is appreciated. I believe it is part #
Toyota 15403-60020

15403-60020

C3A7F8A8-0461-40EB-A7B6-FCA63D4D5276.jpeg

38E08777-7DF8-4E5D-B291-44F1217A1FDB.jpeg

5E335BCE-7AE1-4983-8C1C-E73406B97ACE.jpeg

B95D2A2F-B904-4E24-9DA4-0FC4A5AD104A.jpeg

I did some more looking and am now wondering if it's the alternator vacuum pump inlet hose.

I did some more looking and am now wondering if it's the alternator vacuum pump inlet hose.
Ok, I confirmed it's the vacuum outlet hose, part # 90923-02079. But I could use some help knowing how to pull the vacuum pump side off and if oil will come gushing out on either end when I pull both off? thanks in advance

You'll get a bit of oil, nothing gushing if the engine is not running, just have a rag handy. Be sure to use brand new copper crush washers when reinstalling any hoses that have a banjo fitting on the end, two washers per banjo - one each side.

You'll get a bit of oil, nothing gushing if the engine is not running, just have a rag handy. Be sure to use brand new copper crush washers when reinstalling any hoses that have a banjo fitting on the end, two washers per banjo - one each side.
Thanks for the advice. And as far as getting the alternator side off, do you just put a pair of pliers on it and pull as hard as you can? The access is terrible without pulling off the air cleaner (which I might have to do) so not sure how hard I can pull, but it didn't seem like it's going to come off without a fight.

I never hesitate to pull the air cleaner off to gain access to that area.. the more you do it the quicker you get it out.. you can clean the filter housing up and give it a lick of black paint at the same time. If you've never cleaned out the bug filter on the bottom of the filter housing maybe there'll be some native Australian fauna in there to examine?

If the alternator end is not a banjo but a push on fitting (which it appears to be based on your photo) I generally slice lengthways down the hose with a utility knife to get it off (after undoing the hose clamp).

Do both hoses at the same time, feed and return. If one is in poor condition, the other will be too.

Last edited:
I never hesitate to pull the air cleaner off to gain access to that area.. the more you do it the quicker you get it out.. you can clean the filter housing up and give it a lick of black paint at the same time. If you've never cleaned out the bug filter on the bottom of the filter housing maybe there'll be some native Australian fauna in there to examine?

If the alternator end is not a banjo but a push on fitting (which it appears to be based on your photo) I generally slice lengthways down the hose with a utility knife to get it off (after undoing the hose clamp).

Do both hoses at the same time, feed and return. If one is in poor condition, the other will be too.
Thanks for the suggestions. When I first bought it, whatever farmer had previously owned it must have gone through mud up to or past the doors because there wasn't a spot under the undercarriage that didn't have good old red Australian earth. It was everywhere underneath and in every small spot possible. Apparently Customs never inspected because they wouldn't have let it in. So if I have a few Aussi bugs in the air cleaner, it won't surprise me either--maybe a few gaitor eggs, too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom