Source for Air Cleaner Hose (AKA Hot Air Tube) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a source to purchase Part Number 17881-61010. Some places call it Air Cleaner Hose, No.1 and some call it a Hot Air Tube. Tried Village Toyota, SOR, CCOT, etc. with no luck. I also need one clamp for the same hose.

Anyone know of a place to source this?

Mine is torn at the manifold side. I am also missing that clamp (inlet side)

Here is photo:

20140902_162022_zpsnzuzdy9z.jpg

If you need it for a smog inspection, you can find something that will fit close enough at your auto parts store for the smog tech guy to pass it. It's just a visual inspection thing. No biggie.

HAI is a USA emissions component, ensuring warm air gets to the carb. It is not a necessary component for proper engine function.

Non USA carbed Land Cruiser engines (which didn't need to meet smog requirements) didn't have hot air intake systems.

If you need it for a smog inspection, you can find something that will fit close enough at your auto parts store for the smog tech guy to pass it. It's just a visual inspection thing. No biggie.

HAI is a USA emissions component, ensuring warm air gets to the carb. It is not a necessary component for proper engine function.

Non USA carbed Land Cruiser engines (which didn't need to meet smog requirements) didn't have hot air intake systems.

Thanks brother. This is nice info to have anyway.

Here is photo:

20140902_162022_zpsnzuzdy9z.jpg

Roger, you wouldn't happen to know the diameter of the hot air tube? I don't want to remove mine until I find a new one. I tried to measure and I think it is either 1-3/4" or 2".

Roger, you wouldn't happen to know the diameter of the hot air tube? I don't want to remove mine until I find a new one. I tried to measure and I think it is either 1-3/4" or 2".

Just dug out my old one. Inner diameter is about 2 1/4", or 55 mm. Length is 6 1/4", or 16 cm.

Thanks brother. Hey will you be going to PMC Swap Meet on July 9?

I recalled standard motors making black air hose that came in 2" and 2.5" ... As well as larger sizes like 4" for the Austin healey air cleaner fender hose

I am having trouble finding the 2.5" ... But... Plenty of the 2"

If one looks at the standard motor stuff ... You will see the dh23 or dh28 ... There are several other variations of Dh and then number...

The dh23 is 2" ... It looks like just paper but it is foil in between

Maybe somebody can look further for the 2.5" version ... Unless you think 2" could work

See pic:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom