Source for 97 power antenna motor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 97 is at my mechanic having some work done. While he was working on it I asked him to go ahead and replace the broken power antenna. The motor was running so I brought up a new antenna mast as we assumed that was the issue. Turns our that only fixed part of the problem - the motor is actually too weak to crank the antenna up and down. So, my mechanic asked me to bring him a new motor for it. I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find where I can get a compatible antenna motor. He said typically he can find aftermarket motors that work perfectly but didn't have anything that fits this antenna. Does anyone have a part number or a link to an antenna motor that they know works with a 1997 antenna?

Thanks!!

Do a search for antenna 97, previous discussions on this topic. The 97 antenna assy and circuit is the same as the LX450 which different than the earlier years US model 80 series.

Last edited:
It's possible that the motor is actually fine. Did he disassemble the unit to remove the old broken cable that's down in the winding unit? Also, while in there it's good to remove the gummed up 25+ year old grease and relube...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom