soundproofed and heatproofed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
read some threads on soundproofing and had some time this weekend so I decided to give it a go...

Removed seats, center console and carpet.
Removed jute backing from carpet then steam cleaned carpet.
Cleaned cruiser floor
Applied reflective thermal foil sheeting. This sheeting is silver on both sides and has bubble wrap type material in the middle. Used spray adhesive to secure the foil to the metal floor.
Installed on all floor surfaces up the bottom of the firewall to the tailgate.
Next installed thick odor eater carpet padding on top of reflective foil.
Then reinstalled the carpet.
Was a little tough getting everything to fit back but with a little massaging, it all came together.

Cruiser is now quieter and cooler!!
Picture 439.jpg
Picture 437.jpg
Picture 430.jpg

This is on my list of Must Do's this fall. Looks really clean; how much quiter is the Cruiser would you say? How thick was the odor eater? How aboout some "after" pics (so we can see the massaging)? Off topic, but where did that front passenger grab bar come from? I have not noticed one of those before, albeit I have a 95.

grab bar came from Mot, a member on MUD

Wow, that looks like a lot of work:cheers:. Good job!

Nice work. I did the same a couple of years ago, and removing the jute was a PITA.

If anyone else is thinking about doing this, I highly recommend one of these pet brushes to help remove the fibres. Works like a charm.

Cat%20Brush.jpg

Now is a perfect time to pull that 2nd heater core out from under the passenger seat. You free up a big space for maps, trail books, and flashlights. Also, you remove a bunch of rubber heater hose that can let go any day. Then store that puppy away till it starts getting cold up North. Put it up for sale on the classifieds board and help a brother cruiserhead yankee stay much warmer this winter when he gets to replace his POS under-seat heater core unit with one that has only been turned on by accident. :grinpimp:

Nice job on the insulation; do you have an idea how many square feet were used?

Mark- yeah I pulled the carpet then rented a steam cleaner

elhombre- no sure how many sq ft used

Nice work. I found Thermoshield at Pep Boys after the bottom of my feet would get pretty toasty wearing sandles in my old pickup. It made a huge difference and since then I've always used that stuff in my 'yotas. I really noticed a big difference in the passanger's seat of my 80 with the heat from the cats gone. I just never noticed much sound reduction, was it that noticeable with the stuff you used citadel?

I did notice noise reduction. Maybe due to having 2 layers... 1 with the thermofoil and another with the thick oder eater carpet padding. The floor is alot cooler as well

looks like a lot of work. i doubt you could do it again, but if you want to prove me wrong, i'll let you try it on mine.

citadel,

Nice work!

Sound-proofing is definitely somewhere near the top of my list, but not sure if I'll ever get to it! :doh:

where did that front passenger grab bar come from? I have not noticed one of those before, albeit I have a 95.
I can still get one, but the one that I ordered a week or so will not be made/available for another couple of weeks (Getting harder to come by).

Please feel free to PM me if you would like to get one. There are a couple/few write-up for the installation details.

Mot :)

it was a lot of work.. but it felt cool to have it done and out of the way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom