Sound from under the driver's seat (97 LX450) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I am abit puzzled. I opened the door, put the key into the ignition and right before I started the truck, heard the sound that looks like was coming from under the driver's seat? Any ideas what can it be?????

Thanks,
Alex

X2 on CS's question. What does it sound like?

I've never heard my fuel pump, even with all the seats and carpet out. They are really quiet.

Is it a rumbling sound, like a pump that is cavitating? If so I have the same noise in both my LX and 80. Usually on hot days after driving around and then shutting it down and starting it up again (like after a quick run in to a store). Haven't been able to figure out what it is but I swear the sound is coming from behind me and it sounds like a pump that is cavitating. So I've been thinking somthing in the tank or something in the transmission. OR, it is an audible illusion and it is the fan clutch and coming from the front.

Note, I only hear it after I start up the rig, not before.

What does it sound like? Is it when you start to turn the key but before you start the truck?

Update: It happened right after I started the truck. It happened in the morning. The truck hasn't been driven for at list 15 hours. It does sound like an audible sound. I am puzzled??????

Is it a buzzing, beeping, ??????

I get the "key in the ignition" tone (not a beep because it is continuous) with the door open and when starting the truck...Maybe yours works intermittently so you're not use to hearing it?

Interesting, when I turn the key on, it doesn't happen right away. I will try it with door being closed and post the reply right away.

Tried with the door closed, the same thing. Felt like the beeping (pretty loud) and lasted about 2 -3 seconds. The truck starts just fine. Can it be the seat belt relay or it has something to do with alarm system??????

If it's a beeping sound similar to the key-in-ignition chime, make sure your sunroof is fully closed. There is a sensor in there that will beep at you if it's not.

12 posts in on a thread about a sound and the best description we have is it's an "audible sound" that "feels like beeping". :confused:

:bang:

Made sure that sunroof is fully closed (opened and closed a few times) -- the same thing. Any other ideas???

You have to describe the sound better as well as trying to track down its location before we can help you much more. Without that, all we can do is throw out random suggestions which may or may not work. It's better for all involved if you can provide us with more info since we can't fix your truck ourselves over the internet...

Adam,

I think I know what it is. When I bought it a few years ago, it had a mobile phone. I disconnected and removed it. Most likely, i didn't disconnect everything. I have t check mobile phone controls on a steering wheel and see if its' going to help. Thanks for the help!!!

If it's a beeping sound similar to the key-in-ignition chime, make sure your sunroof is fully closed. There is a sensor in there that will beep at you if it's not.

Mine must be broke (in both rigs) 'cuz I never get a beep :confused:

To be honest I've never heard it either, but I've also removed the pin that tells the chime module that the driver's door is open (so I can leave the keys in with the door open/radio on). I assumed that negated the sunroof chime too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom