Solved -Center dif light came on and won’t turn off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As I got in the car this morning to drive the car I just bought home (9 hour car trip) the center dif light came on and won’t turn off when I press the button. I don’t think I want to drive a long trip with the center dif locked do I? Any suggestions? Not a great start to my relationship with this car!

As I got in the car this morning to drive the car I just bought home (9 hour car trip) the center dif light came on and won’t turn off when I press the button. I don’t think I want to drive a long trip with the center dif locked do I? Any suggestions? Not a great start to my relationship with this car!
Not sure if this is relevant but when I push the center dif lock button I hear a click under the glove box.

Does the light not turn off if you slowly start to drive? I'd try alternating forward/reverse, in a straight line if possible. Just a few feet ought to be enough.

Admittedly, the button is a little too easy to press with one's knee.

This is going to make me neurotic. I just decided to start driving and it turned itself off. I feel dumb and confused.

The vehicle usually needs to roll a few feet before it either engages or disengages. You're good!

That sounds normal, like @Jack90210 said, you need to be rolling somewhat for it to disengage. Enjoy.

Does the light not turn off if you slowly start to drive? I'd try alternating forward/reverse, in a straight line if possible. Just a few feet ought to be enough.

Admittedly, the button is a little too easy to press with one's knee.
I think that’s what did it! Had to move it around a little!

I think that’s what did it! Had to move it around a little!
Thanks everyone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom