Sorry, I found my vehicle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
comp.uark.edu
Picked up a 99 4Runner limited (with a locker of course!). I know you all rag on 4Runner's like they're the little brother, but I liked it, and liked the price and couldn't find a Landcruiser that I found as satisfying as I found this 4Runner. I may troll over here every once in a while, because I still love FJ80's, and maybe in the future will get one. Thanks to everyone for being so kind and helpful here while I searched. There's a lot of good guys here that would help out someone they've never met, and that says a lot.

If you want to see the heresy, have a look

http://comp.uark.edu/~kjharmo/page9.htm

Hope you like it, its pretty. You will be sorry if you plan to take that offroad for any serious wheeling. Don't let the door hit ya in the a**! :)

Ah, we didn't lose you - You're still in the Toyota Family. Just a lower branch in the tree....

Actually, that gen 4Runner will wheel quite well. I cut my teeth wheeling a succession of them and if you lose those running boards and do something about that extra protrusion on the front bumper it will do moderate stuff without touching any body. If anyone's near LA, I used to cruise Coyote Canyon, anywhere in Anza Borrego, and even the Gorman Miller Jeep Trail in one of those things. Great rig.

Doug

Kyle ,

Thats really a sweet 4Runner ! I got a '93 new but always liked that body style and trim better when they came out ... When it came time to buy something new , I made up a list of all the shortcomings of my '93 4Runner , and chose a vehicle that improved upon those . Horsepower , torque , a rear window that didn't wind down into the tailgate , roomier , moonroof etc etc . Some of these issues could have been addressed by the newer 4Runners like your own so I know where you are coming from . Power to weight ratio ought to be good , and it's pretty nimble I'm sure :)

See ya at Starbucks ;)

Ps : Did you sell off that sub 13 talon yet ?? :p

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: It's not a mall cruiser!

I plan to go with an ARB (or similary) front bumper after Xmas and my ski trip hits me and I see how bad the bank acct is hurt. That should take away the big "lip" problem that the 4Runner undeniably has. I'll probably at least let the "new" wear off before I start tearing up body panels.

Yep, sold the car a couple weeks ago.

:cheers:

Interesting ... I used to have a Belgium hare ... but whats up with bunny cakes ?? I could see 'Belgium' waffles , but bunny cakes ???

[quote author=Tyler link=board=2;threadid=7410;start=msg62056#msg62056 date=1068617041]
Interesting ... I used to have a Belgium hare ... but whats up with bunny cakes ?? I could see 'Belgium' waffles , but bunny cakes ???
[/quote]

That bunny enhances this forum about as much as Kyle's 4 runner.

[State trooper voice on]
Nothing to see hare, let’s move it along.

;)

No way, is that a "Vornado?" that thing that magically spins the air in the intake to help improve its mixture with the gas in the fuel injectors? sweet dude...

Seriously, there are quite a few runners in the RS group, that have made a lot of cruiser guys very impressed with their capabilities. They still catch hell for the IFS, but for the most part they do remarkably well. check out brother Scott's.. http://home.earthlink.net/~scttntna/index.html

RedElephantStand.jpg

Ok , IIIII'm sorry , but even my poseur has more axle droop than that ! Ohhhh , my bad .. IFS :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

As for the Tornado™ thingie .. send it to me , I could use more even heat waves under my wok ! :p :p

We are sorry too :flipoff2:

Kyle,

you should have waited and searched longer to get a LC 80.

I know you will buy one soon :D

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom