Sorry for this but needing some tire advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have done my searches and i can't seem to find what i am looking for. I might be getting a 75' tomorrow and its in desperate need of new tires. Its running 235 on stock 40 rims and i want to go larger. I know that 33x9.5 will work on the stock rims and no lift but would 33x10.5 work as well? Also, i would like to go to 33x12.5 on crawlers but i would first like to know if they would even fit without a lift. I am getting some extended shackles just to help out a bit with clearence. I am very new to the 40 world but not to cruisers and so you may see my name alot when it comes to questions.

Also, would a 34x9.5 or 34x10.5 fit on a stock rig with no lift? And could the 2f push them?

Any info would be great and i am looking forward to the 40 world!

jason

I have done my searches and i can't seem to find what i am looking for. I might be getting a 75' tomorrow and its in desperate need of new tires. Its running 235 on stock 40 rims and i want to go larger. I know that 33x9.5 will work on the stock rims and no lift but would 33x10.5 work as well? Also, i would like to go to 33x12.5 on crawlers but i would first like to know if they would even fit without a lift. I am getting some extended shackles just to help out a bit with clearence. I am very new to the 40 world but not to cruisers and so you may see my name alot when it comes to questions.

Also, would a 34x9.5 or 34x10.5 fit on a stock rig with no lift? And could the 2f push them?

Any info would be great and i am looking forward to the 40 world!

jason

33 x 9.50s will work on the stock rim with no lift (at least that has been what is reported on this board). Supposedly, they slide up inside the wheel well. Going to a 33 x 10.50 will most likely rub. 33 x 12.50 is a no go without a lift. I have a 4" lift with 1.75" longer shackles. I have 33 x 12.50s, and I think they look good. No rubbing. Unless you do some serious trimming, stick with the skinnier tires. Also, the stock rim is only 5.5" wide. A 12.50 tire will balloon way out on these.

Good luck! :cheers:

9.5" is the widest I'd go on a stocker except for maybe a 33x10.5 swamper. They run a bit narrow. Other brands are too wide for the stock rim.

33x9.5 will rub just a bit if your stock springs don't sag. Most do.

If you want taller or wider you need to lift.

Well i will eventually get a lift but she's in desperate need of tires first. I am also looking at the 34x10.5 LTB's. I have seen some pics and man they are saweet on a 40 and they look great on the stock rims. Would 34x10.5 or 34x9.5 fit with no lift? I will be getting extended shackles to help for the time being. I might get some 2.5" over stock shackles.

From what I know a 33x10.5 needs a lift no matter what. I agree that the 34x10.5 ltb looks sweet, but it is pretty bad on the road from what I have heard. Bias ply and all. I actually just bough Fast Eddy's 31x9.5 tsl radials and without a lift I think they look great and should get me anywhere I should go...

I really can't see going much larger without a lift. You just limit your travel too much and you will cause body damage. I would get some used tires either local or off of here and run them until you lift it. Then buy the tires you really want. Personally I can't afford to lift mine for a while so the 31's are a perfect choice.
smallerIH8MUD.jpg

Hi All:

Yep, you'll need a suspension or body lift to clear larger rubber.

If the rig just needs some better tires for the short-term check-out "Craigslist" for some similar sized used rubber.

Then start saving your $$ and doing research as to the best route to lift the rig.

Good luck!

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom