Sorry... Another "Will this rim fit" question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I just picked up a 1973 FJ40. I'll do an introduction here soon, I just have to get some final details worked out with the sale. Part of the sale is the owner is keeping the rims, so I'm trying to scrounge up a set of temporary, rather thrifty, rims.

I found a set for $60, they're off a 1995 Tacoma. 15" steel rims. I know the bolt pattern is the same but is the centre hole big enough to fit the hub? I have access to a spacer (which I'm thinking will be needed with the backspacing)

Sorry for the repeat question, I actually tried searching! I came up more confused than anything.
1995 Tacoma Rim.jpeg

When I bought my 40, po kept tires and rims and put on tiny tires and soso rims. I bought rims from SOR a set of 4 for a 60, and I feel I got a very good deal, more than what you are paying for a set of four, but they look awesome(in my opinion) and belong on a land cruiser. There are pictures on my album to see what the 60's look like. If you were closer I would see you my old rims.

You'll need a thick spacer, like over an inch.

That's fine, I have access to a spacer. I just need something temporary, say a couple months worth of time.

2x on the spacer. You will want to measure the outside diameter of the front hub and the center of the rim. I have had problems in the past using later model rims due to both the hub size and back spacing issues.

One other item to check is if the drum brakes still have the original screw holding them to the axle. Non stock rims will not fit correctly and causes a nasty vibration due to the rim not seating fully against the rim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom