Sorry about VENTING, but don't want to kick the dog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In addition to the FJ40, I'm, well, a 35mm Camera junkie.
Bidding on an item on Ebay and here comes this Dude who has "ZERO" transactions, and he's bidding like a sailor on leave. Now, I've been both,,,zero transactions and a sailor on leave, not at the same time. BUT this guy has been a registered ebayer for almost THREE YEARS and never bought or SOLD ANYTHING. Maybe he is just conservative, then again maybe he is just what he appears to be...a phantom-bidding shill, jerk, stomanimiching, corksucking, farging bastich. Is all of Ebay just Bull****?????? Have you guys had a similar experience? I sent him two emails, trying to get him to explain, no responses.
Okay, now I feel better, I guess. BTW the seller is a Camera shop, I checked previous sales and the guy did not appear on the auctions I checked, so maybe the seller is harmless. Dunno.
Ed Long :mad:

take it you didn't buy the camera, right Ed?

Actually, it was a primo lense, but I told both the Shill bidder and the "reputable" seller to Foque auff because I didn't like the smell. I mean, you've been registered for three years and have NOT bought or sold ANYTHING????? for 3 YEARS?????
That is BS in it's finest form. Called 'em both out and so far, no responses.
I'm either buying from people I've bought from before, or I'm doing a lot of checking BEFORE I bid on anything.
HEY EBAY!!!!! Police your own s*** or old guys will go AWAY.
Still venting, here in KC.
Ed
PS Hi Dave, no I have NOT installed the header yet, thinking about JetHOT. Having too much fun driving it to tear it down, just yet. STILL FUMING. DICKS!!!!!!!

I've actually heard that people who sell stuff will have friends bid to raise the prices. If the friend gets it they just relist it and say it was a false bidder.

Hey Ebay :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Guess that's a "Shill"?

Hey, Ed, keep playing. There's always time to do the mechanicking later :D

Degnol,
Ebay is the worlds Crumpton. Crumpton is this little town in Maryland where they have the old fashioned auction barns. It is really quite an interesting place and a study in humanity...such as it is. Damn I am sounding to philosophical here...anyway at Crumpton you will witness people who really don't have a pot to piss in paying $20 a pop for naked headless barbies. Something back in the day, I routely relished riding over with the lawn mower. Ebay is like that only a whole lot worse, because there is a whole lot more of that humanity involved. At ebay and at crumpton good deals can be had...but you are always going to have humanity to deal with...many a dick head..etc. A week or so ago I bought something on ebay from Heartoftexasoffroad. Was a little more than I wanted to pay but less than the usual suspects are asking. I called to complete the transaction and ordered a few other items from him. We had a discussion about humanity... as I regularly see people bidding on his stuff on ebay at two to three times the asking price he posts on his web site. So not only do you have the dick heads...there are a lot of just plain stupid people out there.

The guy from heartoftexasoffroad said even thought they've bid two to three times his normal asking price ...what he does is give them gift certificates for the amount they over bid to buy other stuff from him. Hell I wouldn't let the dumb s***s off like that. Take the cruiser out, return have cold beverage and get back at it.

I've been registered for a while on ebay and have yet to buy something, not for the lack of trying. One of two things happen, I email the seller and almost never get a response to a question, or I get sniped at the very end of auction. I believe most of what gets posted is hype or overpriced BS. This also includes all the 30 year old landcruisers with "only 30,000 actual miles" :flipoff2:.

i have to admit to being one of those bastards that only bids at the end. Granted i havn't brought or sold much and my experience has only been good with ebay, I have only been outbid once on the 15 or so times i have brought stuff. And no I didn't overpay, I just waited till the last 10seconds to bid. It always works. I find there can be some awsome bargains from people who dont know what they have. Like I brought back shockies for my car. 2 new Konis for AUD35 each. Bargain of the century.

Sam

time to jack the thread.... Degnol... if i were to buy a classic 35mm... manual... an "artsy" type camera to stoll around cambridge and take black and white photos to impress the ladies, what would my camera choice be. My one and only must have?

Thanks.

Honeywell /Ashai Pentax Spotmatic. That's my addiction. It's stayed with me through 3 wives. Heh, heh.
And you, Peepers??What's your camera affliction?
Ed ;)

i am a Nikon whore...

i used to carry a lomo around... take pics of everything, i mean everything... didnt matter what it was... then i went digitial... a 2.0mp canon elf. it does the trick because my lomo broke. i think with this paycheck i might get a lomo again, i miss it.

http://www.lomography.com/ -- check it out!

I dig cameras too, especially when they're pointed at a LAND CRUISER. I have older Minolta stuff, lots of lenses, a darkroom, and a LAND CRUISER, but the LAND CRUISER isn't a very good subject, as far as LAND CRUISERS go, because it's ugly with wimpy tires and no lift and pathetic, bedraggled seats with melting duct tape holding them together. Most LAND CRUISERS look better than my LAND CRUISER, but hey, as long as it's a LAND CRUISER, what's the diff? ha ha

Just kidding! Good thread, especially the part about LAND CRUISERS, but definitely chit chat material!

peace :D

I'm sorry to have imposed upon "FRIENDS" that I thought were "FRIENDS" and interrupted their MAINLINE of only cruiser stuff. I considered it somewhat parallel to cruiser stuff, 'cause it related to the mother of all auctions...ebay.
Gumby, I bow to your sage wisdom and experience, really, no sarcasim(sp?) Although I've just been promoted to uh, regular, most of my posts have been bullsh*t, Johnny-come-lately stuff, I'm really a poser, wannabe, lurking perv. If it was such an out of bounds post, someone had the duty to tell me, even if they could not find "The Button".
Next question I have like this, I'll ask who? Dr. Phil? OOOphrah?Dr. Moral Messinger? Paul Harvey?
Bottom line, I like stuff that is real and not make believe, including auction bidders. I'm here for fun and information, this is NOT my life. Like I said, don't want to kick the dog.
Thanks, eva body.
Ed Long
Now no more replies to this misplaced, off topic jackled thread!!! AND I mean it.
Argus C3 is always a winner. Smoke a PIPE!!!

It's really not a big deal, but there is a really good Chat section here for this kind of stuff. I didn't say anything because I like to stay as far in the background as I can and I thought I'd just let the thread burn itself out, but it kept going as, apparently, a lot of folks are interested in photography. NDB, don't take it personally. Just a friendly reminder to everybody that there is a chat section for discussions about ebay, photography, Junk's momma, etc. :D
It's also nothing personal if your topic gets moved. Please, nobody take it that way. Now if it gets deleted.... ;)

Hey, Woody! Where's my stinkin' "move topic" button! :flipoff2:

[quote author=Gumby link=board=1;threadid=4703;start=msg36516#msg36516 date=1062248593]

[/quote]

I think you left it a Junk's momma's place :flipoff2:

(Yashica FX1 for me ::) )

Canon EOS 1V and EOS 1DS... just sold my 1D...
I'm a Canon junkie.. it's another one of those hobbies that ran away w/ my wallet... but I do enjoy nature and sports photography, and occasionally shoot weddings... I've got a fortune in lenses...

24-70L
28-70L
100-400 IS L
300 2.8 L
400 2.8 L
85 1.8
20 2.8
50 1.4
200 2.8 L
200 1.8 L
70-200 L IS

See what I mean? Anybody want some Canon stuff?

[quote author=Gumby link=board=3;threadid=4703;start=msg36516#msg36516 date=1062248593]
It's really not a big deal, but there is a really good Chat section here for this kind of stuff. I didn't say anything because I like to stay as far in the background as I can and I thought I'd just let the thread burn itself out, but it kept going as, apparently, a lot of folks are interested in photography. NDB, don't take it personally. Just a friendly reminder to everybody that there is a chat section for discussions about ebay, photography, Junk's momma, etc. :D
It's also nothing personal if your topic gets moved. Please, nobody take it that way. Now if it gets deleted.... ;)

[/quote]
What is this the twilight zone? This is the chit chat section. If I want to discuss the lint in Britney Spears' navel so be it.
I thought the photography thread was interesting so WTF.

[quote author=axlechassis link=board=3;threadid=4703;start=msg37007#msg37007 date=1062487347]
What is this the twilight zone? This is the chit chat section. If I want to discuss the lint in Britney Spears' navel so be it.
I thought the photography thread was interesting so WTF.

[/quote]

it was originally in cruiser tech where brittney spears' belly button lint would only be relevant if it could be used to fix the leaking carb on a 1976 fj40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom