SOR vinyl upholstery set (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I, like all, am in need of the the new driver seat (or at least a seat cover) for my 60. Has anyone purchased the SOR vinyl seat package? The pictures look nice but is also says is comes with a "high density bottom molded foam". Is this the FULL SEAT foam? Or a thin slab to help give the appearance of a new seat?

Thanks for any insight.

I have not purchased but I've seen it in person at SOR. Foam is a molded single-piece bottom only. Quality. It replaces the original ass-flattened foam... Or it was when I looked at it a year ago. You can call or email SOR to confirm. I actually watched the guy install on a seat he was rebuilding. Very tight.

Their vinyl is marine-grade and stitched in-house by a guy who only does upholstery. Nice stuff.

At some point I will buy it when I get around to fixing my seats. For now, I have their duck covers on and those are nice, but do nothing for the flattened fart-stained padding. Dogs don't seem to mind, though. :rolleyes:

One word, Quality! I replaced all my seats with the SOR Gray seat covers and love them! Great fit and finish. I also replaced the foam on the front seats. Correct they are only the bottom foam pieces but are excellent. You will really notice the difference compared to the old foam in the seat from the factory. Installation is pretty straight forward as well. Just get you a good set of Hog Nose pliers and you're good to go. Yes they are a bit pricey but like I said the Quality is worth it IMO. My original seat covers where in excellent shape but just wanted a different and more durable seat cover so I put them in storage for another day in case I ever want to go back. Attached are some pics and feel free to PM with any questions.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

One word, Quality! I replaced all my seats with the SOR Gray seat covers and love them! Great fit and finish. I also replaced the foam on the front seats. Correct they are only the bottom foam pieces but are excellent. You will really notice the difference compared to the old foam in the seat from the factory. Installation is pretty straight forward as well. Just get you a good set of Hog Nose pliers and you're good to go. Yes they are a bit pricey but like I said the Quality is worth it IMO. My original seat covers where in excellent shape but just wanted a different and more durable seat cover so I put them in storage for another day in case I ever want to go back. Attached are some pics and feel free to PM with any questions.

View attachment 2108621

View attachment 2108622

View attachment 2108625
Looks nice

View attachment 2108621

View attachment 2108622

View attachment 2108625

@vankc where did you get your front seat belts?

View attachment 2108621

View attachment 2108622

View attachment 2108625
What would you say the toughness factor is on these? Ive been looking into potentially making my own because i am hard on seats. Well seats and just about anything, i can go through a pair of boots in a year easy. I really want something that would hold up to punishment and look nice when worn in, but if these are strong then it might be worth it.

I'd say really good. It's not made out of cheap material.
Does the vinyl go with the existing interior? Part of me thinks it might look "too" nice for a 60 series LC

View attachment 2108621

View attachment 2108622

View attachment 2108625
Agree 100%! QUALITY! Did this in my 1984 FJ60 along with new carpet, new seat belts, Tuffy Center Console and new dash pad. Looks like a new interior!

59034682285__305478C7-368B-421F-A79A-64F3F49F8819.jpeg
59036548897__9414AA37-616A-4A79-B10B-94422BB8013E.jpeg

59034700769__FF4A3371-588F-46DB-AE1D-81919F88A139.jpeg

59034683312__FA5CCCD3-0266-477F-AD50-8E2E97AB5060.jpeg
IMG_2320.jpeg

Last edited:
Does the vinyl go with the existing interior? Part of me thinks it might look "too" nice for a 60 series LC
I suppose it more of a personal preference, but I personally feel it works well with the 60. You now have NYIronPig's photos as well as my interior photos to help make your decision. By the way NYIronPig, very nice! I as well installed New Carpet, Headliner, Cruisercrap Center Console and Seat Belts so basically a new interior. IMO well worth it.

I suppose it more of a personal preference, but I personally feel it works well with the 60. You now have NYIronPig's photos as well as my interior photos to help make your decision. By the way NYIronPig, very nice! I as well installed New Carpet, Headliner, Cruisercrap Center Console and Seat Belts so basically a new interior. IMO well worth it.
and NEW bottom foam pieces for both driver and passenger seat are a must!!!

Wow that almost makes me wish i hadn't gotten rid of the carpet and bed lined the inside. Good job all around
Plus you can protect the new carpet with the great Cruiser Corp floor mats all around like I did!

59036550719__E5295403-9F01-4994-AB26-27AC0D16F45E.jpeg

And when you get the new interior done, replace that sandwich slot with an inclinometer, just for fun!

59054500799__91AB5E11-67E3-4EEE-99ED-A7A8C380DE00.jpeg

Thank you both for posting your pics and person experiences. I have been on the fence about doing my interior with the SOR vinyl and carpet set. You have convinced me it is the way to go. Your FJ’s look awesome!

Reviving, has anybody tried installing the SOR vinyl sets without the SOR seat foam, i see a lot of mixed reviews on the seat foam; it's too hard, it's too tall, and was wondering how it looks with the old foam in place.

Also I have two passenger seats upfront as my drivers seat was worn to s*** and I found a donor passenger seat that wasn't, bolted right in, does anybody know if the SOR vinyl set front seats are inter changeable/side to side or is there a specific driver's side and a specific passenger side cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom