SOR Tuff Duk Rear seat covers/ Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone else having a problem with 80 series rear Tuff Duk seat covers fitting?

I have front covers in my FJ60S and my 80 that are great but the rears I got for my 80 for XMAS dont fit right and the little strap that goes around the seat folding release either pulls the velcrow loose or as it did on one side rip the Tuff Duk when you fold the seat if the velcrow doesnt come loose.

Wasted my time to send their "Tech" Dept several photos and a long email to which I got a non personal one sentence reply that didnt address anything signed by "Tech".

Like the covers but---

I put them in my 40 and loved them, and was thinking of getting them for the 80 (have sheepskin right now), but after this post maybe not.

Good ole Marv is always looking to bend you over for the money, yet never wants to answer questions
cursin.gif

I've got them on mine (only in the rear) and they seem to fit very well (I bought them a few years ago) - then again I rarely fold them up. IIRC, they were a bit of a pain to put on, but once on, they fit quite well.

Do you want to send me the photos and I can have a look as well? You may have to wait a bit as I'm out of town for work for a few days.

Cheers, Hugh

I have Suede leather in my VX Limited and then I shall cover it with some sheep-skin. Never ever. :doh:

Mike

I got one of their covers for the center console (I have dogs with sharp nails) -- the thing never really fit, and there's all this junkie adhesive velcro that goes along with it -- I don't use it --

eric

I do have several pics of the torn seat cover and poorly fiting covers included in the email I sent to SOR which are too large to post. If anyone wants to see them email me at jim@h-eng.com and I will forward to you.

Thanx for the comments--great forum--I just bought a hat and t-shirt.

From now on it's IH8MUD and Slee for me! SOR is SOL.

Jim

CRAP!! guys, I've been saving up for these, front, back, all the way around. Any good alternatives? Camo would be sweet.

Thnx, Vince

I have GreatCovers for front & second row seats - made from stock clothes so it look & fit perfectly. I'll try to take some pix tonight.

Frank.

...hiker,

Welcome :flipoff2:

I think you're going to fit in quite well here.

Ed

I have Tuff Duks on my rear seat and have nothing but praise for them. Bought them over the counter. Good fit, strong material and I can still fold the seats easily. I will have to give the seams a good look-over, but have not observed any wear or damage from dragging hard rifle cases, packs & luggage across them for about 6 months, and I hunt a lot. Good Luck, BigMac

Hiker, welcome :flipoff2: :D :D.

Another thing you could do, if you are near the shore, is go to a sail mfg and have them make up some covers out of canvas for you. I haven't found the right place yet, but haven't really looked around yet either.

Then again, maybe I'll just nail some cardboard down on top of the seats. :eek:

Here go some pix...

and the rear with armrests...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom