SOR Replica Aussie Mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwb

Threads
I'm looking at buying a set of the plastic Aussie style mirrors for my 60 and was wondering if anybody else has them, and what they think of them. I think the arm is metal and the mirror casing is plastic. They're $50 apiece, compared to more than $100 apiece for the all-metal OEM Aussie mirrors.

Bottom line: Are they enough bigger than the stock mirrors to justify the purchase, and are the plastic ones stout enough to take a little abuse?

Opinions?

Chris

if they are like(and they sound like) the aussie mirrors I got from CCOT than they suck, cheap and vibrate alot, I wetn with fj62 mirrors on my 60. But the metal OEM "aussie" mirrors are nice.

I have a set of OEM mirrors from an FJ62 on my 60 and they are a huge improvement over the standard FJ60 mirrors. They hold position, and offer 'snap back' in case of an impact. They bolt right up. About $160 new for the pair. They are chromed metal, and would be better if they were powdercoated grey.

LOL, I'm hoping to get rid of my 62 mirrors and get some 60 mirrors just because of the sheer size.

they are easy to paint over the chrome, I did mine black :)
41394209.jpg

[quote author=Mike S link=board=1;threadid=12175;start=msg111736#msg111736 date=1077906293]
I have a set of OEM mirrors from an FJ62 on my 60 and they are a huge improvement over the standard FJ60 mirrors. They hold position, and offer 'snap back' in case of an impact. They bolt right up. About $160 new for the pair. They are chromed metal, and would be better if they were powdercoated grey.
[/quote]

[quote author=TOZOVR link=board=1;threadid=12175;start=msg111744#msg111744 date=1077906823]
LOL, I'm hoping to get rid of my 62 mirrors and get some 60 mirrors just because of the sheer size.

[/quote]

Hey, want to do a mirror exchange????? I'll send you my 60 mirrors, you send me your 62 mirrors?

Would you consider an alternative? I bought some black mirrors for about $30-35 each at GI Joes (Oregon) but I have seen them in other stores. They bolt right on and you can get them in black or chrome. They flip around so there is no right or left and when you hit a limb full of snow they break just like the factory mirrors. Or you can fold them back before you break them off, just like the factory mirrors.They are wide instead of tall vs. the tall 62 mirrors. I like the factory look and these almost look factory. Sorry no pics, sold the rig to a neighbor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom