SOR rebuilt brake booster feedback? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, first post on MUD. Thanks in advance for any guidance. I think i've read all the threads regarding brake boosters but I still have a question. Anyone have any experience with the SOR rebuilt brake boosters? I have a '77 FJ40 booster that needs replacing and I'd like to see if anyone has used these long enough to give some feedback. I've seen positive feedback from the City Racer LLC booster but I just wanted to see if the SOR rebuilds are holding up. I like the CR ones for the fact that they are a new product and I like the SOR ones for the fact that they are original (yet still more $$$ than the CRs and rebuilt not new). Thanks again for any input.

Also saw a couple options at Rock Auto (Centric and Prior)

To help you make this decision, consider the following:
  • To truly rebuild a booster, you need to have replacement parts.
  • The last rebuild kit was sold more than 10 years ago.
  • No one makes a new diaphragm for the original booster.
Yes, a rebuilt booster is original, down to the diaphragm. How long will it hold up?

Last edited:
I used City Racer for my '82 FJ40. Couldn't be happier.

Thanks for the input guys. I have a laundry list of stuff I need to get from CR. The PO put an electric fuel pump on my 40 and I think it might be the reason it cranks for a while before starting (pump is going?). Was planning on getting the mechanical pump from CR to see if that fixes the problem. Unrelated to this thread but anyone know if that's a relatively simple job?

Replacing fuel pump should be a straight forward job if all the connections/hoses were left intact when electric fuel pump was installed

I got a rebuilt unit from SOR over 10 years ago, still working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom