SOR has the TRD S/C on sale! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, so I still can't really afford one :-\ but it is very tempting. The add says it has an Eaton type compressor - what does that mean - is that good or?
Will toyota dealer be unhappy you bot it somewhere else or tell you it is not a factory item?
Any feedback re superchargers pos or neg is also appreciated.
(I have read several threads here but anything new is helpful)
Also one for CDan - what does water (or methanol) injecting do?

Thanks to all.

Dude, like please do a search. There are a ton of threads on the pros and cons of the blower.

FYI, I bought my blower from one dealer and had it installed at another. The parts manager at the installing dealer has his window right next to my mechanic's bay. He saw it, came out and was like what the heck? I asked him if he remembered how I wanted a small discount on parts since I was in the TLCA and stuff and he laughed and said no. I said, well, guess I got one somewhere else. Then said, oh, btw, I got new Toy gears in there, no steel rims and a ton of other stuff. Now please go :flipoff2: off. :D The mechanics still laugh about it. :D

Junk, that anecdote of yours actually made my day. Thanks!

I love stories where the moral is :flipoff2: :slap: :flipoff2: and there is a parts guy involved.

[quote author=Darwood link=board=2;threadid=13087;start=msg120809#msg120809 date=1079232939]

I love stories where the moral is :flipoff2: :slap: :flipoff2: and there is a parts guy involved.
[/quote]

Oh, really? :rolleyes:

I thought I might get a response out of you Dan. Please don't take it personally, I've just had unsatisfactory experiences in the past. By far your level of service and dedication to your job is leaps and bounds beyond that of ordinary parts guys. I know that you care that I get the right parts and your prices can't be beat. ;)

Now when should my wheels arrive :p

Now my worst experience ever was a Jeep parts guy in Flagstaff. Everytime I would go in there I would ask the guy a question, like a price or part number, and the guy would act dumbfounded as if it was beyond his ability, or anyone elses, to look up part numbers and or prices. I was as if you were asking him to do something outside his job description. I was also suspicious that the guys IQ might have been below 80. :p

Speaking of service, just don't get me started on fast food drive throughs, how they just don't care, and how In-n-Out Burgers wins hands down for best service ever.

[quote author=Darwood link=board=2;threadid=13087;start=msg120820#msg120820 date=1079234177]

Now when should my wheels arrive :p
[/quote]

They left for your place yesterday 8)

That was 4 Tacoma alloys and a hub cap, right? :eek:

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=13087;start=msg120823#msg120823 date=1079234407]

They left for your place yesterday 8)

That was 4 Tacoma alloys and a hub cap, right? :eek:
[/quote]

Thanks Dan! That means I'll see it Thursday.

Yes, yes it was if the hub cap was to a 95 Corolla. What I don't understand is how the Corolla hub cap will improve my gas mileage by 20%. Can you explain it again to me Dan?

Yer decimal is in the wrong place :slap: That was 200% :flipoff2:

[quote author=clownmidget link=board=2;threadid=13087;start=msg120877#msg120877 date=1079242028]
Not much of a "sale" either. I note you're from CA so you'd have to pay sales tax and shipping unless you pick it up. These guys have it tax-free and free shipping and you don't need to be no stinkin' member.
(http://www.partznet.com/toyota/landcruiser/supercharger.html)

Mike R.
[/quote]

From there website I don't think the part number is correct and don't believe that the LC supercharger has the EBC and the picture is wrong. I think that got some of the information mixed up from the V6 for the 4Runner.

Cdan,

You got any LC hub caps that'll improve gas mileage by 200 % ?
I need a set real bad.

Wayne S :cheers:

If the price were ever to drop down to 2k for a supercharger i would definitely buy one right away... I just might buy one now depending on how the next couple of months go.

If you find the real thing for less than 3k, BUY IT NOW.

[quote author=Sammy Jenkins link=board=2;threadid=13087;start=msg121054#msg121054 date=1079299577]
If the price were ever to drop down to 2k for a supercharger i would definitely buy one right away... I just might buy one now depending on how the next couple of months go.
[/quote]
You may have missed your chance...though I don't think they were ever at $2K, I got mine for $2100 and no tax or shipping. TRD was having one of their November sales...which I noted they did not have last year. :rolleyes:
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom