SOR Front Door OEM Weatherstrip Kit?

Wondering if anyone has used this kit for '75 to '80 FJ40. Specifically wanting more info on the rubber for around the window instead of the original felt like I've got currently. Already know I need OEM door weatherstripping as I've tried another's aftermarket stuff and I'm going to tear it off. It squeaks and is too thick. My doors won't close without slamming them. I really want to fix the rattles and squeaks coming from all the old parts in my doors and I don't want to waste more time and money on stuff that doesn't work well.

Every time I have seen OEM parts on SOR's site, it's cheaper at the dealer or another source. SOR usually charges OEM list price, plus $hipping and Fondling charges.

OEM door weatherstripping is world-class in fit and softness/durability. I have also heard raves about City Racer's door weatherstripping, but have not tried it.

Thanks for the help on that. I checked with my local dealer on weatherstripping a couple weeks ago. They never got back to me. Also I'd pass on the city racer weatherstripping. That's what I got and it's way too thick. Can't get my doors to close so I'm going to tear it off an get some OEM stuff.
Still would like to know what the story is on the rubber around the windows instead of felt. Just worried it will squeak. And that's what I'm trying to eliminate.

rkymtnflyfisher

Trout Bum
SILVER Star
Interesting, I installed the City Racer weatherstripping on my 74 and I have zero complaints. Just the right amount of thickness, fit like a glove once everything was adjusted accordingly.

Every cruiser is different though.

brian

SILVER Star
Website
www.facebook.com
all the weather striping and window runs are available from toyota yet, the'res no good reason not to go that route. a lot of dealers now have online ordering where you look at the pictures/line drawings and pick out your parts....it's not fail proof, and you sorta have to know what you are looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom