sor besttop winshield retainer for bikini top install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.w2m.com
nothing is easy:

got my bikini top from sor.........great quality, however.

the retainer stips are too long....do I cut these to fit ? or do I have the wrong ones, my truck is listed on the directions...74 FJ40.

I will need to take off the rubber seal for my hard top as well, this will muck it up....I will need to buy a new seal if and when I put the hard top back on..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm !! :confused:

talking to myself here, I am unable to delete this thread...

they are suppossed to hang off approx 1" so the thing won't lift...

the rubber seals are only $23.00 new from sor...so when putting the hard top back on its no big deal....

guess I should of researched a bit before posting...

no problem with mine on my fj45, yes it hangs out a bit, mine also fits with the gasket and I leave the metal peice on when my top goes back on.

thx pimp,
I ended up drilling the channels to match the holes in my windshield frame....awesome, I will be a little bit warmer this winter with bikini and doors...:) wind might not hit me in the back of the head so much.

Trail Rig coming along.......Boycott Body Resto !!!

So far, new water pump and belts, new exhaust complete with new gaskets up front, new tires, complet tune with all fluids changed. SOR Tuff Duck all the way around, SOR Bikini top...

Next, Suspension Mods...not sure yet, most likely OME DAKAR

That channel sticks out farther because it's the same channel for the full soft top. And I think if you trimed it you would have plasitc hanging out the side from the cover.

i bent mine down on the ends a bit so was almost flush with the windshield frame. no problems and looks fine.

qoute razzzzor/Trail Rig coming along.......Boycott Body Resto

soooo, where are the pic of this here trail rig you speak of? hmmmmmmm ;)

my server is down, but its the 74 in my sig line......my idea of a trail rig and yours will be entirely different...for me 2.5 SUA and 33's will work just fine.

TECH:
I thought about bending the channel down but left it stickng out...looks good, havn't taken it for a test drive..rained all day...:-(

did you get the summer top with the velcro mess hole in the middle? Mine will drip water on you in the rain through the velcro.

No, just got the sor tuff duck bikini...no holes or velcrow.

Last edited:
I bought the summer extreme top-pretty nice. No more crap hitting me in the back!! It is a bit looser than I expected, but it hasn't blown off. I was only able to drill 3 holes on each side due to the stock holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom