Sooooo how bad is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd leave it as well. Looks like isn't not wearing abnormally or adding heat.

Posted this months ago, many trouble free miles have gone by. I'm thinking about what steps to take to resolve this as I approach my next T belt job as I feel that would be a great time to tackle this. Camshafts are available from partsouq for $360 each. I'm assuming it would be wise to replace all 4 so that there isn't 3 uniformly worn camshafts and one brand new one? What else should be replaced while I'm in there? Alternatively, I suppose I could find a 2uz engine with similar miles and just take the camshaft in question and the lobe wear would likely be similar. I've got at least a year before my T belt job but I'd like to make a plan sooner than later. Thanks.

I wouldn't touch perfectly good camshafts, but that is just me.

If you elect to swap out the chipped one, it looks like used parts are pretty easy to come by for not a ton of cash.

I wouldn't touch perfectly good camshafts, but that is just me.

If you elect to swap out the chipped one, it looks like used parts are pretty easy to come by for not a ton of cash.

Awesome, I'll keep my eye out for a good used camshaft or cylinder head.

I would just change the faulty one, the rest are working fine ! As it is continuing to run fine, piece of mind is the main reason anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom