1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soooo glad I had this installed

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by stevezero, Jul 20, 2005.

1. stevezero

stevezero SILVER Star

The PO really saved my butt today. :flipoff2: Had a major confrontation with my truck this afternoon at lunch. Seems the LX was under attack. :D Fortunately I was able to capture it all on the cell phone camera. The LX did not suffer any damage, thanks to that marvelously engineered piece of equipment. :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

On a side note, notice the poor little pansy jeep that was backing away in fear..........

2. Gauge

Gauge

Uhhhhh.....isn't that what some people on this board refer to as a "damage multiplier"

I guess it's OK if your colliding with shopping carts and stuff, but be careful because if you hit something heavy, you could be in for a world of hurt ($$$$$$).

3. stevezero

stevezero SILVER Star

oh i know that. I guess the sarcasm couldnt be detected in my post :D

I did notice that i have the official damage ding from the stupid taillight guards (didnt see it on inspecting the truck when i bought it), and the "official pants wearer) i mean wife, wants to keep all three of those crappy things on it. so for now, i'll leave em be. When either LX or LC #2 comes along, well, thats gonna get an ARB on the front.

I havent had a chance to get it off road yet, and I dont do any serious 4wheelin right now (I save that for the company provided rental vehicles with the corporate LDW waver) :D

On another note, when I was cleaning it out last night, I managed to find the Pink Panties that come with the LC new in plastic. Seems the PO never got around to wearin em. Still have that new panty smell. Pics to possibly come later (I dont have to model them in the pic, do i??? :princess: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

4. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

You have no idea how funny that is when you open the thread and read while all you can see is the top of your 80, and then scroll down .. good one!!

TY

5. LX_TREME

LX_TREME

:princess: :flamingo: :princess: :flamingo: :flipoff2: :D :flipoff2:

6. stayalert

stayalert SILVER Star

Dude I would have shot the living daylights out of that threatening red cart POS. BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM :D

7. stevezero

stevezero SILVER Star

I've only had it for a couple weeks, and its goin road trippin to Florida on Friday. I've gone 24 hours now without the CEL (thanks to the dealer I bought it from, awesome guy, he replaced a bunch of parts on it no charge, when he could have just said, you bought it as-is). There need to be some more peeps like him. he's got a green 1995 (unlocked) on his lot with 170k that someone might be able to pick up cheap for a project. He also had a black 95 or 96 with lockers, dont know if he sold it. PM me and I can give ya his name.

The LX will see some mild trails, but its my DD, so I cant thrash it too badly, been there done that with the minitruck thing 15 years ago and it SUCKED!!!!.......I've got the wife hooked on this rig, so much so that she might get rid of her car and let me get another (can you say lockers...... :D ) That one will be the play around vehicle with all the trail toys.

This one will see alot of beach running/campin over on the outer banks. Ya gotta have good running stuff when ya get out there, cause you can literally be stranded (or worse) 15 miles from the nearest person, and at least a 4 hour wait for a towtruck(can you say Tidal Change, batman?).......A "simple" tow will run at least 800.00.....

http://www.nps.gov/calo/orv.htm

As they say...A stuck vehicle is an inconvenience at best and an expensive gift to the ocean at worst. itwill show you some peoples "gifts to the ocean"........talk about STUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whoops:

and www.drumwagon.com
    click on pictures on the left hand page, then really bad bad truck page.....
    What happens when a jeep gets vaccuumed to the beach and the tide comes in....
    http://www.drumwagon.com/dw-images/jeep17.jpg

8. MLX450

MLX450

9. Junk

Junk

10. bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

I was just waiting to see the next pic of you fullblown tackling the shoping cart. Kinda like the VW comercial :D

11. stevezero

stevezero SILVER Star

Heck, i woulda probably been welded to the parkin lot its sooooo dang hot. Didnt wanna look like i just came off a grill with char lines........

Maybe the treehuggers might be right about global warmin, either that, or we keep sinkin closer and closer to hell......

12. Blue Bomber

Blue Bomber

The front bumper of my 60 is an effective cart clearing device. Generates interesting stares.

13. Trollhole

Trollhole THC Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Since I have no bumpers in front of my tire my 40 has a tendancy to eat them. :D