Sony 6 1/2" on sale for $15! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
They should fit. At an 1 3/4" deep, they aren't any deeper than the Pioneer's everyone uses. Plus, I don't mind having to put in a small spacer if needed.

Different speakers almost certainly.

I think they are the same. The specs are identical, the only difference is that the model # on the Walmart page has an "F" inserted in there. These are normally $40 at Walmart and $70 from Sony, sounds about right to me. Buying direct from Sony is always more expensive and buying from Walmart is always cheap, hence the $30 regular price difference. Mine should be here in a few days and I will report when they get here. If they don't work, Walmart will let you take anything back. :D

I think they are the same. The specs are identical, the only difference is that the model # on the Walmart page has an "F" inserted in there. These are normally $40 at Walmart and $70 from Sony, sounds about right to me. Buying direct from Sony is always more expensive and buying from Walmart is always cheap, hence the $30 regular price difference. Mine should be here in a few days and I will report when they get here. If they don't work, Walmart will let you take anything back. :D

Interested to hear your review. Walmart has a history of strong arming companies into creating a cheap line especially for sale at walmart.

If they're total crap, I'm only out $17.05. They can't be worse than the disintegrated stock speakers that are there now. I have some Pioneers in the front that I put in about a year ago and I can barely hear the rears now. When I pulled the fronts, I was surprised they made any noise at all, and I imagine the rears are the same.

They will fit fine for sure I have these in my front doors. They are still kind of over powering and i have my radio biased to the rear to help out.

Glad to hear I didn't just waste my $17.

I bought the same speakers (or something very similar) from best buy about a year ago. great speakers for the money and I paid ~4x as much.
Sony - 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers with HOP/Aramid Fiber Cones (Pair) - XSGT1627A
nice find.
IMG_1564.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG

Thanks I ordered 4 sets.
Now to find this kind of deal on a good radio/cd/dvd to match them up to. LOL

Last edited:
They're a buck less if you're willing to pick them up at your local Walmart.

I'm VERY new to 80's, do 6.5" coax fit in both the front and rear doors? Great deal if they work with stock grilles, even if they don't!

They might fit under the front stock grills, but I doubt they will fit under the rear since stock rears are smaller. There was recently a write up where someone used stock grills from the front to cover rears. I'm just going to live with the Sony Grills.

They might fit under the front stock grills, but I doubt they will fit under the rear since stock rears are smaller. There was recently a write up where someone used stock grills from the front to cover rears. I'm just going to live with the Sony Grills.

here is that thread. https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/329297-rear-door-speaker-upgrade.html

you need to do some cutting to make them fit. I replaced my rears with the 4" pioneers that everyone else is using. I did it this way https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/213401-speaker-upgrade.html

replacing the speakers is a good start but you need to get a new HU IMO. that has made a HUGE difference for me. I can actually hear what i want to listen to over my annoying flowmaster 40.

Just grabbed 2x sets, thanks for the link!

RAWR! Sold out. :( Oh well, don't NEED to replace mine yet. But cheap enough to have picked them up for when I did need/want to.

I just checked, not sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom