Something to fill the coin holder holes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't like the look of those coin holders on my '97. I don't use them. I have to clean them with ear swabs. Are there any switches to fill those holes or can someone suggest something else to fill them with.

Glad to hear I am not alone in this. I'm interested in a replacement as well.

Hopefully someone will give us some insight so we can stop cleaning with q-tips!!!

Check out Dan's thread on his aux fuel tank for some ideas. I went this route after filling up all the dash holes. I'm putting an internal winch control (antenna switch), a winch "arming" switch (hazard switch) and the main/aux fuel tank gauge selector (rear heater switch) in that will require at least 2 switches to go there in the coin holders. The other two will likely end up being used or rear lights or rock lights using a standard fog light switch.

Mike

Why the LX 450 is better than the Land Cruiser...Reason #418: No coin holders to get filled with crud.

:D

Aux. light switches?

NorCalDoug said:
Why the LX 450 is better than the Land Cruiser...Reason #418: No coin holders to get filled with crud.

:D

Aux. light switches?

How about a sub woofer? Opps Lexus feature :D

I plan on putting the heated seat switch in those locations when i get them.

Specter Offroad sells switch hole covers that will fit in these slots. The coin holder slots are the same dimensions as the switches on your dash.

http://www.sor.com/
switch cover.JPG

The flat ones in the instrument panel, 55539-32010-C0, will fit in the console. They be black tho...

LR_RESQ said:
My 40th has a factory sub... Looks like your not that special after all. :eek: :flipoff2:
40th has the sub in the rear out of the way, LX450 puts the sub in the best cupholder in the truck! :confused:

did you get the "cut rate" 40th????

elmariachi said:
And where, pray tell, is this sub you speak of? I wish to see a pic for I am a non-believer.

lots of speakers back there...

elmariachi said:
And where, pray tell, is this sub you speak of? I wish to see a pic for I am a non-believer.

Our NON-40th 97 has one in the same rear panel. Our 92 also had one. Your's doesn't?

offroadkid said:
Our NON-40th 97 has one in the same rear panel. Our 92 also had one. Your's doesn't?

I understood Romer's reply to say that he thought his LX450 has a subwoofer where Land Cruisers have the can hole and coin slots in the console. I thought someone was implying that their Cruiser had the subwoofer up front. I already know about the one in the rear and yes, mine has it.

I have installed the LX450 center console in my Cruiser to accomodate a DVD player in the OEM CD changer slot. Even though the front speaker grille is on in my truck, I haven't decided what to put behind it. That damn Lexus speaker is like $180 so I know it won't be that.

elmariachi said:
I understood Romer's reply to say that he thought his LX450 has a subwoofer where Land Cruisers have the can hole and coin slots in the console. I thought someone was implying that their Cruiser had the subwoofer up front. I already know about the one in the rear and yes, mine has it.

I have installed the LX450 center console in my Cruiser to accomodate a DVD player in the OEM CD changer slot. Even though the front speaker grille is on in my truck, I haven't decided what to put behind it. That damn Lexus speaker is like $180 so I know it won't be that.

how about more switches???
lol
PICT0001.jpg

That thar be a lot um switches!

What, pray tell, are they all for?

Spy Hunter LX450!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom