Something loose under my feet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

85roktoy

SILVER Star
Threads
Occasionally when driving over bumps or dirt roads slowly I can feel something at my feet bumping or knocking up against bottom of the driver side floorboard or maybe event the hump. Feels fairly significant like a loose mount but I don’t see or notice anything “off”when looking under. Maybe I can’t see it? Any ideas or where to start?

Occasionally when driving over bumps or dirt roads slowly I can feel something at my feet bumping or knocking up against bottom of the driver side floorboard or maybe event the hump. Feels fairly significant like a loose mount but I don’t see or notice anything “off”when looking under. Maybe I can’t see it? Any ideas or where to start?
Kid i bought some parts from recently had a similar complaint. I spent 10 secs under his truck and determined it was the exhaust flange barely hitting the frame at the header. The sound MAY not be coming from where you think it is coming from.

Here is the stock exhaust on 10/75 76 model. Toyota routed it way for mamy years. Bad location for a 4X4. Most have been rerouted above the skidplate. Been debated that

X2 on checking the exhaust. Years ago places like Man A Fre sold exhaust kits that routes above the skidplate. Others exhaust shops or home made. Hard to tell what you have.

0007.JPG

My exhaust is run the same way below the plate and it’s new from header back. Will take a closer look. Sounds like it’s coming from an area that may be hard to see from underneath.

Broken motor mounts often look totally fine. Might try using your floor jack and a block to test them and see if one has seperated.

Worn out spring bushings, particularly the ones on the frame end secured with the pin. If you are feeling it and hearing it under your feet I'd check the front springs first. X2 on the body mounts as well.

Thank folks will look again. Springs and bushings are new. Does the tranny mount to frame as well?

No it’s under knocking on the body

Also check the rivets holding the spring perch to the frame. I was getting a loud clunk while turning it took me many years to find it might have to jack the front end up to take the load off of springs to check the it

The hood hinges will drive you crazy looking for a knock. They seem to echo a noise that feels like it's coming from under the floor board. Check those while u are at it

There are two pucks on each of the rear motor mount ears. Grab the upper one on the drivers side and see if you can turn it by hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom