Something is burning back there… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lp2k

Had a couple of drinks.. saw a couple of things
Threads
So I decided to fuel up my 80 and took it for a drive to the gas station. Haven’t driven in maybe 3 months but I get there and I smelled something burning like metal on metal / welding smell. I didn’t think much of it at the time. Distance from home to the gas station was 2 miles. I get home and sure enough, I smell it from the passenger rear area. I’m busy with work right now but my mind is still on it. Any thoughts? My thought is the rear parking brake pad is maybe stuck or maybe a rotor is warped.

Stuck parking brake shoe or a stuck piston in rear brake caliper.

Stick your hand on each one and find out which one burns your hand. Then you'll know.

Or pick up an IR Thermometer and check temps of the rotors after a drive (or look for which one is smoking).

Stuck parking brake shoe or a stuck piston in rear brake caliper.

Stick your hand on each one and find out which one burns your hand. Then you'll know.
ill take a pass on this for now
Or pick up an IR Thermometer and check temps of the rotors after a drive (or look for which one is smoking).
Yea I have a Milwaukee I used when I was checking my engine temperature so I’ll give it a go this weekend on my down time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom