something dripping under PS front running board (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i have noticed that some moisture dripps out from under my truck.

The location is just inside the rear of the passenger side wheel well, at the front of the running board, about 3 inches under the truck...

im really not sure what it is.. any ideas?

it doesnt appear to be an oily substance...

so i have noticed that some moisture dripps out from under my truck.

The location is just inside the rear of the passenger side wheel well, at the front of the running board, about 3 inches under the truck...

im really not sure what it is.. any ideas?

it doesnt appear to be an oily substance...
it is probably water. If you look forward you will likely see a plug under there (or in your case one that is missing) which allows for water drainage

water drainage from the roof gutters? is there drains on both sides of the truck?

Yeh, that's probably the sunroof drainage. Pour a half a cup on the roof and see if it comes out there. It should be in a pretty steady stream. If it is just a drip, you may have some blockage going on.

:beer:
Rookie2

surely you checked that already, but isn't the A/C outlet someplace around there too?

if its blocked... just pull the plug?

My bet is on AC condensation especially considering it's summer. The outlet for the condensation is on the front passenger side. I know mine drips on the control arm at times.

its totaly dripping of the PS front control arm.....

drain or AC condensation? I havent used my AC in ages...

its totaly dripping of the PS front control arm.....

drain or AC condensation? I havent used my AC in ages...

So you aren't using you AC now? If you aren't then it would be the drains... or worse the rear heater hoses. Is it water?

i think its water, and its totally dripping off the PS control arm.

I havent used the AC in 6 months.

Are the drains closer to the edge of the truck or further in above the control arms?

More information required. Has it rained recently? Have you forded any water recently? Do you have antifreeze in your cooling system, and if so, would you recognize antifreeze on the ground? Any spills in the passenger compartment recently? Anything else you can think of that might help us figger out yer problem? :D

-Spike

drove through a little bit of water last weekend, but i have noticed this problem before the weeked of small stream crossings.

I have noticed it after rainy periods and dry periods.

I did have a cooling system flush down about 3 months ago.

can't you just see where it's coming from?

Well, there shouldn't be any 'clean' water in any system on your truck. If you can say definitively that it's water, and not coolant or windshield washer fluid or brake fluid or another oil, and your compressor hasn't been on, then it's coming from somewhere else. I've heard of the rocker panels collecting water, but I can't imagine how they would drip onto the control arm. That's about the only place that might collect enough water to be leaking it weeks into a dry spell. I guess you'll have to crawl under there and find out where it's dripping from.

The A/C drain is right in that area, but if you haven't used it, I'm stumped.

-Spike

even if the a/c outlet was plugged, you'd think it would be dry after 6 months.

do you wash the thing regularly?

I bet he used his defrost....which means it was using AC...it is the AC line. weeee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom