Some questions about the paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, my LC 100 (2004 white) start to have some clear coat crack on all of the edges (hood, doors...), and it also has some paint chip all over there from 16 yrs highway driving. But no dent or damage.
I don't want to change the color, just want to keep it looks like the original
I definitely will and no problem with repainting the front and rear bumpers. But I am so worried about the repaint the whole car because I think it is hard to get a quality repaint, and don't know what will be the reasonable price range for it.
what should I do? repaint the whole car? or some kind of tech like paint correction can help this? and what price should be expected?
Thanks for any suggestions!

I’m pretty sure that Natural White (056) is single stage paint without clear coat (clear is instead mixed in). Nevertheless, we need photos to help you...

I’m pretty sure that Natural White (056) is single stage paint without clear coat (clear is instead mixed in). Nevertheless, we need photos to help you...
Thanks for the reply, here are a couple of samples
Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 1.22.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 1.23.30 PM.png

Is there a way only re-apply the clear coat? (if this is a clear coat damage...)

I'd have it buffed out and just roll with it. Nothing even remotely affordable will be close to factory paint quality. In 20 years it will be an original paint survivor.

I'd have it buffed out and just roll with it. Nothing even remotely affordable will be close to factory paint quality. In 20 years it will be an original paint survivor.
That just is what I worried about, I get quotes for 2500$ repaint, but they do possibly use that blind shiny stuff to ruin my lc100, the picture of their work is too shiny to be natural...

Good Evening Guys,

What are the opionions on here to fix the exterior paint issue pictures below?

my goal: just keep an original paint n patina LX.
@2001LC I would be interested in your opinion based on your builds.

81C21CF9-9AE2-44FD-848B-5D383EED5413.jpeg

My wife's FJ roof (white) looked like this when we bought it used. I know a guy locally that repainted it and the hood (from rock chips) for $700.

I've seen where people have buffed problems like this and while it does look better you can still see it. I'd roll with it, had the FJ needed more than just the roof I wouldn't have messed with it

I’m not trying to paint this pillar or quarter panel, but I do want to remove oxidation, re-cover and preserve. I’m not trying to hide the spot, but keep it from getting worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom