Some questions about switch to bigger tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would I be able to use 285/75 on 18's with no lift or 275/70 is the a better combo in terms of mileage, ride, speed and comfort?
I have the metal ARB bumper in the back for over 5 years now and feel the back may be sagging a bit due to the weight? Factory shocks were replaced with OME shocks about a year ago, should I replace with the factory springs or adjust T-bar is enough? I'm hoping to get 3/4 - 1" of lift in back.
285/75/18 is big compared to 275/70/18....35” vs 33” roughly. Maybe you meant 285/70/18 which is back to 34” realm. Either way on an lc Youll need new aftermarket springs in the rear And on the front you’ll need diff dropand aftermarket tb’s for 285/75/18. You won’t need all that for 275/70/18 cept maybe rear springs to offset bumper and correct sag. You can get that lift and bumper weight support with multiple spring options but a True 2” over factory in the rear will likely require aftermarket upgrade in front

Thanks for the note. I will go with 275/70 on my 18's. So you think should get a 2" lift spring rather than 1" for rear?
I have had KYB shocks in front for about 7 years now so will soon replace it as well but think I will just leave the front factory springs along. I'm hoping for about 1" overall height increase if possible. It also has a slight lean towards driver side when looking from the back, hope that's just an adjustment of the T bar.

Thanks for the note. I will go with 275/70 on my 18's. So you think should get a 2" lift spring rather than 1" for rear?
I have had KYB shocks in front for about 7 years now so will soon replace it as well but think I will just leave the front factory springs along. I'm hoping for about 1" overall height increase if possible. It also has a slight lean towards driver side when looking from the back, hope that's just an adjustment of the T bar.

Get some 30mm spacers for the rear coils and adjust the torsion bars to suit.

There’s just so many scenarios out there. You got the bumper so remember that that is now constant load so a 2” Traditional Aftermarket coil is going to to be closer to 1” or 1.5 after settling vs a coil that accomodates a heavier increased load and give some additional height. I have stereo and batteries in my truck which is probably 250 pounds so I got the 2866’s and I got about an inch. If you’re going to replace your shocks you can go with 40$ Toyota oem tokico’s and they have the length for 1-2” in additional height. You don’t have front springs just the tb’s. With 1”-2” rear overall increase you will be okay on factory tb’s. Ride may be noticeably Rougher at 2” as it’s approaching that 2.5” threshold that forum best practice says to go aftermarket tb’s. It comes to ride preference. With 275’s Your scenarios are all within the height range for keeping mostly factory gear.

I already have the OME rear shocks from a year ago so I'm not messing with shocks. Guess I will just get 2866 for the back. KYB shocks in front are about 7-8 years old so I'm not sure if it's time to change them. Since I don't off road, I think this will give me what I need with the constant bumper load

I already have the OME rear shocks from a year ago so I'm not messing with shocks. Guess I will just get 2866 for the back. KYB shocks in front are about 7-8 years old so I'm not sure if it's time to change them. Since I don't off road, I think this will give me what I need with the constant bumper load
Sorry didn’t realize you had already swapped the ome rear shocks. Which ones? The light duty or heavy duty ones? Do you feel a difference between the front on a oem-ish shock on the front and a historically stiff riding shock in the rear?

I got the Nitrocharger 60002 per recommendation from Slee. I did not feel it being harsh but rather a bit soft. That's why I'm considering getting stronger coil springs to counter weight of the bumper and get a bit lif.

Yeah then 2866 should be good for an inch or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom