some pics of the cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys, been lurking for a while, decided to post some pics of my junk...

being 19, it's taken a lot longer than expected...

2 years so far.
cruiserresize.JPG
cruiserresize2.JPG

it's got a crate TBI 305 (about the only thing the PO did) the motor has less than 20K miles....

i have a '76 FJ40..
TBI 305
dana 44 front-rebuilt all new seals brakes
warn premium hubs
high steer
saginaw power steering
new fuel pump
ram horn exhaust manifolds
beefed stock diff cover
14 bolt rear welded, new drum brakes pinion rotated up..... both are 4.10's
sm 465
new clutch/flywheel
np205 w/ twin stick
tom woods 1310 rear drive shaft
shortened stock shaft-front
new deutch tech front shocks
rancho rear shocks.
ford shock towers-front
cutsom hoop-rear
custom hoop cover to seal out the exhaust
37 SSR's
LED rear lights

almost zero rust! has a bubble spot about as big as a quarter on the driver's side rocker panel...

has all new brake lines, hoses
new clutch master cylinder/slave
MM 8K winch, wired into cab.. also uses remote if you dont wanna be in the rig..
custom front bumper/stinger
101" wheel base- just flipped the springs... military wrap it on the movable shackle side... i hear this is a major no no :confused: ... either way it works very well...

i moved my spring hangers around, outboarded the front. made my own tranny x-member and twin stick...

so far so good.. it's been working really good. been driving it around and i CAN NOT get it to go above 160* i need a new thermostat. thats about the only problem i have had so far...

here are some pics..
front hanger.JPG
xmember.JPG
rearquarter.JPG

man that rig looks pretty stout, i like the longer wheel base. i want to do something simular to mine some day since it no longer is a daily driver because of gas priceses.

and yah, doesnt the TBI need like 195* to 205* to run properly ?

LOOKS GREAT!

HawkDriver said:
LOL :D

Wow man, nice rig. Don't think I've ever heard of moving the front springs outward. Hmmmmmm. Nice work, and welcome. :beer:

Noticed the Volcom sticker, you skate?

ya the perches on the 44 are wider, so i moved the springs out to meet the perches, this is also needed becuase like the 60, the 44 has one perch cast into the side of the pumpkin..... i could have left the springs alone if i had cut the axle down..

i used to skate..... between work, the little lady, the cruiser and being lazy, i haven't for quite a while...you?

lone gunman said:
man that rig looks pretty stout, i like the longer wheel base. i want to do something simular to mine some day since it no longer is a daily driver because of gas priceses.

and yah, doesnt the TBI need like 195* to 205* to run properly ?

LOOKS GREAT!

i love the longer wheel base... planning on tackling some of the steeper climbs at moab like white knuckle hill, high dive, the escalator... i love the WB, but i dont like how my back fenders look.. i have some buddies with sheet metal equipment.. planning on making a "blank" rear quarter and using my FJ fender flares and cutting out a new, moved back, wheel well.....

i will have to check into the temps, but it's deffinatly a little cooler than i would like, it's not even really warm enough to make the heater of any value...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom