Some people just try harder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Got this gem in for a rebuild last week. I told the guy I couldn’t give it back the same way. No top end!

Someone plugged the inlet, filed down the return banjo, and decided to use that for the feed. And no, they didn’t bother to drill out the 1/16” hole that acts as a restrictor for...a return line!:bang:
B02DE8C3-193C-4849-818B-FBFE426CF959.jpeg

I take it it`s going up on your wall of shame !!
JP

I.... I mean..... I’ve heard Toyota guys are resourceful at getting their trucks back on the road... but.. dude....

Got this gem in for a rebuild last week. I told the guy I couldn’t give it back the same way. No top end!

Someone plugged the inlet, filed down the return banjo, and decided to use that for the feed. And no, they didn’t bother to drill out the 1/16” hole that acts as a restrictor for...a return line!:bang:View attachment 1888029

Mark, I know you probably see the crazy stuff that PO do pretty frequently. Luckily my 40's PO didn't go completely crazy on it. I have spent hours undoing some minor things that weren't done properly or neat. The craziest thing that a PO did to my 40 was to completely cut out my glove compartment inside the dash. He then added another small heater core and box from some vehicle and mounted it under the dash where the glove compartment used to be. He then cut two holes in the dash for two vents and ran hose to them as another source of heat coming out from the dash.:bang::censor::slap:

My 40 already had the factory front and rear heaters. How much heat does someone have to have? Anyway I have a temporary fix for a glove box but don't know how I am going to fix it long term. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I had a parts 40 and looked at cutting the glove box out of it but it wasn't as straightforward as I thought that it would be.

Last edited:
with an .065 feed it must be that long sought after 100 mpg carburetor, or maybe with a 100psi pump an
attempt to reinvent fuel injection

Makes as much sense as that limiter bolt under the gas pedal in the FJ60 : :rolleyes: WAIT! Toyota did that at the factory! :bang:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom