Some one has to put this site in Tech links (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"1990 and later toyotas" ::) :p Sure, it might have some good info, but I don't think I could ever justiy paying money for that site when I have this site plus all the other bulletin boards and email lists...especially at that price.... :-\

-Ferg-

Considering what an hour of tech labor costs, $10 bucks to get access to all current Toyota repair manuals, wiring diagrams, recalls, tech service bulletins, and a bunch of training docs, isn't too hard to justify. It is easily worth the 10 bucks just to check out what they offer. Note, the daily rate covers from when you sign up until midnight the next day. Sign up first thing in the morning and you will have essentially 2 days of access and it will cost you what a pro mechanic will charge for about 10 minutes of his time.

Would I prefer it be free of charge - sure. Do I think that it offers value - yep. I would think in longer term future this kind of factory repair information would be more freely available at little to no charge to vehicle owners. For now I am satisfied that at least it is available on line.

Rich

The TOS implies they don't want you to dl the information; at least not very much of the information.

Your activity on this site may be monitored for statistical evaluation and security purposes. Toyota may temporarily disable accounts demonstrating irregular activity or excessive traffic to investigate potential security violations.

-B-

Considering the amount of technical info available with the advent of the internet, the cost of subscription is too high, eg $350/year. If one is savvy enough to understand what TIS says, they should be more than savvy to compile/collate all freely available info found on the net. In addition, I bet the kind of specific help that will be given by enthusiasts here and on similar forums will be far superior to what that site will give. Now, for a pro mechanic, I think they have access to printed copies of such, which leads to the question - what is the target market? JMHO.

Rolly

I agree with DVader. Just look at the supercharger install instructions that come with the TRD blower kit. George's instructions saved my dealer mechanic mucho time (and me money) by making some notes, changing the order of a few things, and other changes. His is much superior to the TRD instrucs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom