Some of you folks do 30+ years? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
That's absolute madness.

For me, 22 is enough.
Let's goooo

20220922_073904.jpg

I took the early retirement in 2014. I have no regrets. By my calculations, I made more $$ by my 3rd year retired to cover the potential lost income by staying all the way to 26 yrs.

Additionally, the time commitment away from family was enough for me to make the decision.

I took the early retirement in 2014. I have no regrets. By my calculations, I made more $$ by my 3rd year retired to cover the potential lost income by staying all the way to 26 yrs.

Additionally, the time commitment away from family was enough for me to make the decision.

Exactly. People who stay in to HYT are an interesting bunch. I only did the extra 2 years to go to Italy one more time.

The culture in the military shifted quite a bit in the past few years. Probably around the Hunger Games era of sequestration. Making rank is now all about throwing people under the bus. I'd rather enjoy my life than deal with this nonsense. With VA and pension I'll be set.

I have 1 month and 1 week until retirement. Enlisted 01/2001. Commissioned 12/2008. Small break in service.

By the time I retire I’ll just be over 20 years. Bye bye military. Culture definitely changed drastically in the last few years.

Congrats to everyone on their service and/or retirement!

I have 1 month and 1 week until retirement. Enlisted 01/2001. Commissioned 12/2008. Small break in service.

By the time I retire I’ll just be over 20 years. Bye bye military. Culture definitely changed drastically in the last few years.

Congrats to everyone on their service and/or retirement!
Thank you Sir!

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom