Some motivation for the turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Scored a 2007 TRD Taco e locker rear end for $100. Housing has a vey slight bend that I will straighten. Toe is about 1/2" measured with 31" tires, easy fix.

Nice score.

That thing has got to be over 60" wms to wms...

Geoff, did you say these axles are problematic? gears, or bearings.....

Awesome Billiam.
Glad you found some motivation.
That's sounds like a great find, locker is worth what you paid for it.

Quick check said the the third member alone can bring up to $350 used.

Maybe long travel front IFS if the rear is wide will have to see when I get it home.

Quick check said the the third member alone can bring up to $350 used.

Maybe long travel front IFS if the rear is wide will have to see when I get it home.

SAS...imo...

The element of surprise adds to the challenge.

Long travel way to pricey! '87 gets the '07 rear and possibly a solid axle.'84 will get the '87 rear and split up my wheel spacers between both.

Of course this is all theoretical at this point.

60 series front axle gets you 60" before spacers...

And a 9.5 third and a much stronger housing...

:hmm: Interesting!

Only down side is the passenger leaf on a mini sits somewhat up on the side of the diff housing... So you have to French that leaf mount.

Just took a couple measurements.

Axle housing alone is 57 1/2" wide before abs sensor mounts and backing plates.

Outer edge of backing plates is 60 3/8 befor axle and drum.

This fxxxer is wide!

85 1/2" wms to wms so 80 series would be a closer match.

Oops that's supposed to be 65 1/2" not 85 1/2.

The same width as a Dana 44 from a '68-'79 ford p/u and full size bronco.

Got me some reading specticals so I can read the fxxxin' phone.

I can hear the gears turning at "Fxxx Fab"

For some reason the elocker 3rds on the newer Tacoma trucks (the one you have) keep puking even in DD duty. It's a problem with the ring gears stripping out and no the locker itself. The Tacoma community thinks they are all junk, i say it sinks of a QC issue/the newer tacos are big heavy turds with more power than my gen taco which don't have the same rampant problem, but what do i know i only applied logic and experience to the equation. I love my elocker and it has held up great since 2005 running my duals through it, my s***ty driving and i leave it locked 100% of the time while wheeling. The only reason I'm getting rid of mine is because i want rear discs so an 80 axle is going in. I may try selling just my 3rd on the open market if you want a housing with shock mounts welded on it already, i dont think its bent.

Even if the turbo is in good condition I don't think power would be an issue. The turbo truck is going to be fly weight as compaired to the '84 and it weighs in under 4k. I just need to find an fj80 axle to get close to the width. I think I want to just run the radius arm suspension as well.

You can get the parts from low range offroad to ger the elocker to work. If you are not in a rush I can see how involved it is to yank out all the electronic junk to work my elocker and send to you if its possible.

You should not have any problem running that rear axle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom