Some Japan Love landed at my door today. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These parts should complete the list of needed items to do the install of my Long Ranger Aux. Fuel tank.

A big thanks to Japan4x4.com He was a pleasure to deal with.

100_1743.jpg

100_1751.jpg

100_1747.jpg

100_1752.jpg

100_1745.jpg

Wow, that should be fun to install. Did you get the shortened visors also for the overhead console?

How is the engine coming along?

Jack

Great and good to hear! I am working with him right now for various parts/pieces for the aux tank for my 100. It's not a project I am particularly looking forward to but know when it has been completed it will be a great accessory...as others have stated.

Wow, that should be fun to install. Did you get the shortened visors also for the overhead console?

How is the engine coming along?

Jack

They are on the list. There was some miscommunication between myself and another vendor, but no worries. The engine is coming. It's going to be bored at least 1mm over.

Great and good to hear! I am working with him right now for various parts/pieces for the aux tank for my 100. It's not a project I am particularly looking forward to but know when it has been completed it will be a great accessory...as others have stated.

Has he shipped your parts yet? I agree, its not a project that I'm looking forward to installing, but I can't wait to have it in. How far into the parts are you? Which route do you think you are going to use wiring it?

I have collected the following parts since October.

The tank
filler neck
george scolaro circuit board
factory toyota dash switch (Sub tank)
and now these.

Has he shipped your parts yet? I agree, its not a project that I'm looking forward to installing, but I can't wait to have it in. How far into the parts are you? Which route do you think you are going to use wiring it?

I have collected the following parts since October.

The tank
filler neck
george scolaro circuit board
and now these.

Nothing yet...I am waiting for him to get me prices on the dual filler neck assembly and related parts. I don't know what I am going to do for a tank yet. I might try to fab one myself since the custom rear shock mounts probably negate a Toyota tank and I would like a tank in the 18-gallon range too. Its a ways off...but I had to start somewhere.

The tank
filler neck

Will source my own tank, be it a tank from something else or make my own.

Got my dual filler neck in the garage.

Needs me one of them thar' sub tank switches. How much did that run you Jereme? How hard was it to get from Japan4x4?

Jack

Will source my own tank, be it a tank from something else or make my own.

Got my dual filler neck in the garage.

Needs me one of them thar' sub tank switches. How much did that run you Jereme? How hard was it to get from Japan4x4?

Jack

The factory sub tank switch actually came from Slee. I think it was like $45.00. The hard to get parts came from Japan4x4. He was really easy to work with. Shipping was a lot more reasonable than anything I've bought from Specter and it was here fast. Real fast. Like 3 days fast. The biggest thing about ordering in Japan, is that they need your part numbers. They expect you to know exactly the part you need. After you tell him what you need, he prepares a quote for you and then you paypal. Super fast, easy and professional. The only draw back is that Japan doesn't stock a lot of things and sometimes you may need to wait for the part to come in. At least that's the way I understood it to be.

Nothing yet...I am waiting for him to get me prices on the dual filler neck assembly and related parts. I don't know what I am going to do for a tank yet. I might try to fab one myself since the custom rear shock mounts probably negate a Toyota tank and I would like a tank in the 18-gallon range too. Its a ways off...but I had to start somewhere.

I hear you. It's been a chore collecting all of the parts.

I'm checking with a guy on the board about sending some junk yard parts over. I'll keep you all posted.

He didn't hesitate when I asked for one, kinda led me to believe he had a few around.

I'm checking with a guy on the board about sending some junk yard parts over. I'll keep you all posted.

More information needed please ;)

More information needed please ;)
There is an Aussie over in chat that is going to try to source parts for 80's and 100's Aux tank conversions from wrecking yards. Maybe some other small parts. I'll post details as they become available.

There is an Aussie over in chat that is going to try to source parts for 80's and 100's Aux tank conversions from wrecking yards. Maybe some other small parts. I'll post details as they become available.

Graci!

I sent a PM this morning so he will probably read it tonight sometime, well day after tomorrow his time. Or would that be yesterday?

Matt.Mcinniss or close to that (In Oz) sourced my first overhead gauge console for me. it's used but he is a great guy to work with. If you need his name let me know and I'll get it for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom