Some info on OEM tool bags (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I have just got rid of the cruiser and selling some odds and end I have. I have an OEM toolbag that I have listed on Ebay but have had some interest from international buyers. The trouble is I am not really sure what it's worth. Now I hear they're getting pretty rare and I know it's not worth $400 but is it worth maybe $50? $100? I'm just not sure what is a good offer to accept. The bags in great condition with working zips etc, just has some rust stains. Love to get some info. Cheers
IMGP0259.jpg

IMGP0260.jpg

IMGP0262.jpg

IMGP0261.jpg

Post the eBay link here. I may take a stab at it. Looks cool.

Well, I think its pretty cool. Im in the US so probably not worth all the shipping and such. I would probably give $50US or so for it. Wouldnt use it in the 40 but probably try to clean it up a bit and use it as the bag I carry at work for stuff. Do you think it would hold up to a gentle cycle in the washing machine?

Here's a previous thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/410629-toyota-tool-bag.html

I have the same bag in about the same condition. I use mine for carrying the original OEM tools, so I'll hang on to it.

Been thinking that a bag of the same dimensions which zips open flat with a bunch of compartments in it for spanners and screwdrivers would be awesome. Yes, that's a hint for any Stitch Biatch Mudders out there. I'm currently using a converted camera bag for my tool kit, but it's not quite as rugged as I'd like - although it's 100% on the restitched claymore bag I was using before.

EDIT: I washed my OEM tool bag in the washing machine too to get rid of years of grease, rust stains and dirt - dishwashing liquid is best, but make sure you lube the zipper hardware afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom