SOLVED....Wire parking lights with fog lights ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone ever tried wiring parker’s with fogs?

I now have amber fog lights and would like for them to come on without low beams.

There are three wires going to parkers. Have to figure which is pos and neg.

Thanks

Not sure what kind of fog light bulbs you have but i think tapping into the parking lights will eventually burn your wire/fuse if the fog light bulbs are drawing too much wattage. You could add a relay to trigger the fogs to come on with the PL, some electricians can chime in.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Very good to know. The bulbs are 9006 LEDs I probably should learn how to add a relay.

Well, this is how it’s done.

Very simply, splice one wire from the red wire on fog light connector into the solid green wire on parking light connector. Red on fog connected to green on parker.

And you only have splice one side of vehicle.... both sides will then come on.

So if interested, you can now have fog lights on with parking lights and with low beams.

7D4A9E4A-29AB-4F3E-8348-7B9960665E4A.jpeg
472AC51F-E8B9-417A-82F0-95F54BB4CB2E.jpeg
EC3EA087-4E07-4F35-9E4A-1F3AF48912B3.jpeg

0810863D-7811-4251-8DE1-086F2A7730DF.jpeg

Last edited:

Very simply, splice one wire from the red wire on fog light connector into the solid green wire on parking light connector. Red on fog connected to green on parker.

So if interested, you can now have fog lights on with parking lights and with low beams.

View attachment 2117159View attachment 2117160View attachment 2117162

View attachment 2117164

Does this method apply the same with lx470? wouldn't that cause any electrical issues?

Does this method apply the same with lx470? wouldn't that cause any electrical issues?
If I was doing this mod, I would be inclined to do something like the procedure linked above, using fused battery power and an appropriate relay. I would be less inclined to tap the 15A parking light circuit with stereo wire and electrical tape to power my halogen fog lights, but that's just me. YMMV.

Probably so but haven't tried it on an LX. I haven't had any issues at all with the wiring I described above. Now my fog lights are on at all times except when switch is to "off". Then only the DRLs are on.

It's probably okay to tap into your parking light wiring for LED fogs, they draw really little power so probably not an issue. If the wire can't handle it, then the fuse will blow before your wires catch on fire.

View attachment 2117159View attachment 2117160View attachment 2117162

View attachment 2117164
I'll try this on my 01 LX with a different wiring solution, but same basic concept. I'll let you know if I get the same results.

I did the green to red tap/splice and the fog light do come on with low beams or parking lights. I would really like the on/off switch to work with these positions so I could run with just low beams if needed. Anybody figured this out without wiring an additional switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom