SOLVED -- Name this (door) part [pic] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Because the passenger power-lock actuator motor died on my 2005 LX 470, I removed the door panel, extricated the lock mechanism, and replaced the motor. Success!
Now, I'm reassembling—but oh no!! What is this small, black, rubbery part that seems to have no home? I don't remember removing it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Door part 2.png

Door part.png

I predicted it would be that part based on your title alone lol. Had the same thing happen to me and now that I think of it, I don't remember ever figuring it out, but my doors/actuators seem to be working fine. Someone here will know exactly where it goes and let you (us) know how important or unimportant it is.

I predicted it would be that part based on your title alone lol. Had the same thing happen to me and now that I think of it, I don't remember ever figuring it out, but my doors/actuators seem to be working fine. Someone here will know exactly where it goes and let you (us) know how important or unimportant it is.
A vent tube in the actuator mechanism.

A vent tube in the actuator mechanism.
Yup. On the outside body of the lock actuator housing there is a small nipple. If my memory serves it is closer to where the plug connection end is. The opening on the right side of the first picture fits on there. It acts to prevent water from getting into the housing by adding a 90-degree bend so it should be angled downwards.

Yup. On the outside body of the lock actuator housing there is a small nipple. If my memory serves it is closer to where the plug connection end is. The opening on the right side of the first picture fits on there. It acts to prevent water from getting into the housing by adding a 90-degree bend so it should be angled downwards.
Right you are...found a pic confirming! Thank you @awesomeissquid @nissanh !!!

Yup thats it.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom