solved heating prob. 05 LX: mis-wired harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Months ago I posted a note about my heat controls going wonky. Either too hot (mid 80s) or A/C-level cold, no in-between. I cleaned the cabin air sensor as noted in other posts here, no change. Running out of patience, I took it too my local mechanic who ran a scan for me as a favor. It showed nothing abnormal, and his fateful words were "time for the dealer"...so dropped her off and topped off my checking account in preparation.
Dealer called at end of first day. Actually the service tech, who left a nicely-detailed message that he thought they were close to a solution. At $100+/hr, though, not a good sign.
Next day, I got a call from the service rep, who asked "do you recall when this issue started?" When I said about six months ago, he replied, yep - don't worry about it, it's all fixed, we're buttoning it back up, it's all a no charge.
Last summer, (7 mos ago) I had had it in to dealer to track down a parasitic draw issue, which they did (PO installation of after-mkt replacement sunroof motor caused the draw). Apparently, during this work, they had mis-wired an AC amp wire harness under the drivers' side kick panel...it had been re-plugged into the interior foot lighting bulb (I had failed to notice the foot lighting bulb was not working, my bad). I guess the bad news is they messed up my heating for 7 mos....but the good news was they were immediately straight-up about their role and truly were apologetic. I'm just happy I didn't have to write the check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom