Solidworks 80 frame and body? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to see if anyone has put the frame and body of an 80 into the solidworks or autocad program. I want to design out some stuff before wasting a bunch of time cutting and grinding on the rig.

Trent Taylor

[quote author=tltaylor22 link=board=2;threadid=11229;start=msg101682#msg101682 date=1076293401]
I am looking to see if anyone has put the frame and body of an 80 into the solidworks or autocad program. I want to design out some stuff before wasting a bunch of time cutting and grinding on the rig.[/quote]

Nope, sorry. I design and build industrial machines, what kind of stuff are you thinking?

You could port the attached into acad or get them done through a legacy dwg service -

Mike,
Is that the ultramate dimensions spec sheet?
I have those and can acess them through a genesis frame machine through some work.
Dave

Hey Dave - Good question, but I'm no help. I don't remember where I got these. Someone posted them up at one time I believe on the 80sCOOL site.

Best - Mike

Thanks for the spec sheets. Thos might help. I use solidworks to design manufacturing equipment and have been toying with the idea of building a stock 80 in solidworks for some time. You could then design new components and view them on the rig prior to actually building them. You could then test that strength of the component before crushing that 1/8 wall slider or bumper... Until now I have just sat in the shop trying to match my mental image of what I want and often built things that I end up not using because I think of something different to do. Just a thought.

Trent Taylor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom