SAS Solid Axle Summit #4 Official Thread 2020 (3 Viewers)

SAS #4 Color Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good feeling eh?👍

Things are looking good for #4. Our very own @The Machinist has done it yet again.
Awesome work my friend.
This is the year we have been waiting on.
Stay tuned for more exciting news in the coming weeks.

20200713_225516.jpg

Great job Darrell...as always!

BTW @The Machinist in case I didn’t mention it...you are invited to share our camp space👍.

^^^

Only if he brings a LandCruiser this time.🤔😂

God I haven't been this excited since I was 7 on Christmas morning. I don't usually take vacations, but use my time off for extended camping weekends. So taking a whole week off to do exactly what I love and share it with people of the exact same mindset, blissful. Come the 31st when 1630 hits the clock, I am walking out the door just like this :flipoff2::steer:.

So if anyone gets in ahead of the main convoy, I don't mind meeting up before. I know @Zjohnsonua was talking about it. Could do tubing or even rafting (would have to set that up before) in Salida or Buena Vista for a day while we wait for the main convoy to hit.

3 weeks 😬😬!!! Lots of work to go, which will hopefully culminate in me dragging a vehicle that hasn't been driven since the very early 90s, with an engine I've only run 3 times for a couple minutes each, a transmission I rebuilt in my apartment garage in Cleveland in 2012?, and probably very scarce road time before we leave. Oh and I should probably title it and get some plates too. Need to find time to change the oil and trans fluid on the Tundra and repack the wheel bearings on the trailer too. Or I could pull a Darrell and just show up in the Tundra.... 🤔🤭.

I'm not going to be able to make it and Casey has freed up my slot for any waitlist takers. Wanted to post up here to see if anyone wants our KOA spot. It's a full size, full service (30/50A) creekside spot. It's site #74 and is reserved 8/1-8/8.

I'll be giving KOA a call before they close today. If you want to take the spot PM me and we can coordinate with KOA.

3 weeks 😬😬!!! Lots of work to go, which will hopefully culminate in me dragging a vehicle that hasn't been driven since the very early 90s, with an engine I've only run 3 times for a couple minutes each, a transmission I rebuilt in my apartment garage in Cleveland in 2012?, and probably very scarce road time before we leave. Oh and I should probably title it and get some plates too. Need to find time to change the oil and trans fluid on the Tundra and repack the wheel bearings on the trailer too. Or I could pull a Darrell and just show up in the Tundra.... 🤔🤭.
CRUNCH TIME!

Good luck @Kleatus 👍 Many, unfortunately including me can relate. Not this year, but last year I was living your nightmare...(dream actually). I left the dates on these pictures...you can do it!

Last year I was packed and ready to pull out on 8/1. But my pistons were out and the head off as late as 7/29. Crunch time for sure.🎯🆘🇺🇸

2EED86BC-857F-499E-A552-FA68D3E25347.png

1BB2A307-4DA7-4CD2-81EA-6C6C3420EA67.png

C1D34317-1CDE-433D-B02F-6BF7B3A48BC2.png

52301321-9C89-49F1-9B65-2DDD05050F4B.png

Sorry fellas and gals but I’m out this year
COVID19 restrictions and would rather install my septic system at my Crater Lake property. Casey put me in for SAS5 next year already. Stay safe and have a great one.

Sorry fellas and gals but I’m out this year
COVID19 restrictions and would rather install my septic system at my Crater Lake property. Casey put me in for SAS5 next year already. Stay safe and have a great one.

What a bummer...it's a good time. I'll take your name off the list unless you have someone taking the spot?

^^^

Only if he brings a LandCruiser this time.🤔😂
Darrell in a land cruiser?? No way
The existence of my cruiser is a myth; similar to "Big Foot" or " The Lock Ness Monster".... some say it doesn't really exist...

I will, however, be showing up in a landcruiser again this year... it just won't be mine. My brother will be bringing his 80 this year and I'll be riding along with him.
FullSizeR.jpg

@mattressking not sure about this, but I know my wife would be ok with this idea:

Want to have us let you know our significant others 1st name (or maybe a friend that has come along ) and then you can add the name to the list, as you did for @Kleatus ?

If so...my significant other is Maureen.

Hi SAS gang! I've been wanting to come to this event for a few years, but COVID really messed my year up.

I haven't gone thru with any of the cancellations, but would anyone be interested in taking my spot?

I've also got cabin 62A reserved for the 3-7 - are any SAS'ers interested in this cabin? Back in January, this was the last cabin left. I'm not sure what COVID has done to their availability. I'm eligible for a full refund, but would happily pass it on to any other attendees!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom