SAS Solid Axle Summit #4 Official Thread 2020 (2 Viewers)

SAS #4 Color Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:hmm:

This is the same time period as the High Desert Cruisers trip to the San Juans.

Good chance I'll run into you guys.

:)
My wife and I might just have to join up seeing as how we share a lot of the same local 4-wheeling territory :). And it's been a long, long time since we were in an organized Land Cruiser club - SNLC way back in '86.

SAS #4 is on track and not cancelled as of this posting. :bounce::bounce2:🎉

Good afternoon folks. I hope that all is well with everyone given the current state of things nationwide. I am sure many of you are concerned with the plans for SAS #4 as you should be. There are several of us that have been monitoring the state of affairs in Colorado, especially the San Juan Mountain Range that is home to SAS. With the 4th of July holiday this coming weekend, I am really hoping all goes well up in the area and it won't throw a Red flag up for future visitors in the coming months.

Although we do anticipate going forward with SAS #4 as planned, If for some reason we must cancel, we will honor all current registrants for 2021 unless you contact me via E-mail and cancel officially. As a family oriented event we understand concerns for you and your family's safety. If you feel uncomfortable about traveling at this time, we will honor your current registration for SAS #5 meaning you will already be in the list for SAS #5.

I will be sending out E-Mails to those that have a balance on their registration also. Somehow these did not show up until recently. Again, new system that we are working on. I will instruct those with a balance how much and where to pay in the next few days. We operate on a very tight budget each year and keep the excess funds for next years increasingly cooler swag. If you don't hear from me all is well.

Swag has been ordered for this year, as we waited as long as possible. If you cannot attend but wish to receive the swag items, excluding Grill badge and Trail Flag (we reserve them for in person attendees), we will gladly mail them to you after the event is over. Probably sometime in early September. Once I get the numbers calculated I will be reaching out to wait list folks in order received as always. Please be patient as this is all volunteer based and things are crazy busy right now.

As far as KOA and reservations are concerned, we do not handle this. It is up to each participant to verify, confirm, or cancel their lodging/camping reservations. The blanket statement issued by KOA is that all facilities are open and functioning within reason. No restrictions and the Ouray Health department is asking all visitors in the area to follow health guidelines. Let’s keep a positive vibe with the SAS gathering with these people. I know personally that they enjoy seeing our crew in town vs. the huge events of Jeeps and FJ Cruisers. Trails are mostly open as of now so that should not be a problem unless health standards cause concern like everywhere else.

Sorry for not being as active as usual on this thread but we have been monitoring everything from behind the scenes hoping to not need to cancel this year. Without you awesome people SAS would not be possible. Thanks for being patient folks. If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via PM or solidaxle2018@gmail.com. I will gladly answer your concerns as soon as possible.

Have a safe and sound 4th everyone.
Casey..

Doesn’t really mean much because things can rapidly change...but just as an FYI:

Today I called our SAS Koa to confirm our reservations. All good and I asked about any social distancing or other restrictions, their quote was ‘no restrictions of any kind’.

I asked if he expected anything in the future, he said no...but that was completely out of his hands and up to ‘them’.

So...so far so good. Getting my stuff ready.👍🎯🇺🇸

Doesn’t really mean much because things can rapidly change...but just as an FYI:

Today I called our SAS Koa to confirm our reservations. All good and I asked about any social distancing or other restrictions, their quote was ‘no restrictions of any kind’.

I asked if he expected anything in the future, he said no...but that was completely out of his hands and up to ‘them’.

So...so far so good. Getting my stuff ready.👍🎯🇺🇸

That is exactly what we are gathering as well. Along as everyone can be cool and follow the simple guidelines laid out there should be no problemo...

Happy Independence Weekend 🇺🇸 IH8MUD
2ED72F88-F8B3-4C7C-9878-BEC41590BB66.jpeg

Not going to be joining you in Ouray because of COVID considerations. I just cancelled RV spot number 73, but I think there is a waiting list so the next person on the list should expect a call.
That’s sad news and it looks like more restrictions.
Here in Oregon the Governor said people are not allowed to gather for Independence Day but protesting is okay... sad what’s happening to America.

That’s sad news and it looks like more restrictions.
Here in Oregon the Governor said people are not allowed to gather for Independence Day but protesting is okay... sad what’s happening to America.
Only in America can a virus become a political tool. It's so sad, both parties disgust me right now.

Last edited:
PS. The latest trail update. Subject to change. Definitely different from last year!
870E909B-5B50-4B68-B6CA-DDF5C4158096.jpeg

Well I just put in my time off request for SAS. Almost got all the needed repairs done except for 1 (rear axle seals) . Then focusing on the extracurricular activities for the 60 (hammock bracket, drawer system, and front/rear brakes for s***s and giggles). Really excited to meet everyone and to be able to hit all the trails in the most beautiful part of Colorado.

Hows the spare parts list looking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom