Solid Axle Summit 3 (SAS#3) Ouray CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dogfishlake

"Go on a living spree"
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Signup started last night at midnight. There are 75 spots and it will fill up fast.

I know it's a long way but this is an amazing fun laid back trip that has incredible scenery and you will most certainly make lasting friendships.

@Ocho77 and I (and family) are signed up and are making the journey part of the fun. Even if you aren't 100% sure, better to sign up and try to make it happen!

Here's the link
SAS #3 Official Thread 2019

Looking forward to seeing ya all. We are caravaning from Dallas. We see buddy again. Cool!

Around 50 of 75 signed up already.

Believe me, it's way worth it.

Looking forward to seeing ya all. We are caravaning from Dallas. We see buddy again. Cool!

Remember that Ronny Milsap song "She loves my car"? Great song. Sometimes I wonder if CD is only my friend just because he wants to see his favorite dog?

Nah, can't be.

P.s. thinking of that song got me to youtube and I found the video. Dang, were we that dorky in the 80's?

Shhh pat. Ahem There’s some truth to that. However, I have grande respecto for getting in an 80 tranny to get up to be at SAS2 the way you did. NoBuddy, can do that.

I was just in SW CO a few weeks ago on my way home to pick up my pup. I would love to join you guys maybe next year. Maybe we should plan a Michigan mudder trip to Cruise Moab sometime too. That’s a fun event!

Pat, will you be taking a roof rack to raffle as a vendor if they hold a raffle?

I was just in SW CO a few weeks ago on my way home to pick up my pup. I would love to join you guys maybe next year. Maybe we should plan a Michigan mudder trip to Cruise Moab sometime too. That’s a fun event!

Pat, will you be taking a roof rack to raffle as a vendor if they hold a raffle?

Yep. Same as last year, they will sell raffle tickets and do a drawing for the winner of their choice of roof rack (100, 80, 60, and by then 55 and 40 series. And Maaaaaybe 5th gen 4runner, but not sure I want to open that can of worms lol.)

Shhh pat. Ahem There’s some truth to that. However, I have grande respecto for getting in an 80 tranny to get up to be at SAS2 the way you did. NoBuddy, can do that.

They day before I had to leave!
80 trans swap.jpg

My ride for SAS#3 has no engine installed, no interior, is half painted, no wiring, no windows, etc, etc.

Piece of cake, maybe.

There is a wait list and stuff always comes up, so many people drop out toward go time. It's an amazing trip and I think we will probably have a "Cruiser caravan" going out to Ouray as well.

Just sayin.

There’s an 80 in TC that looks very nice. I might take a look this weekend.

At this point I’d be way, way down on the wait list so I’m not going to sign up.
I did have the thought that I might caravan out there with you all and then go do something on my own.

Its public land and public campground. Most of the folks camping there are not part of this event. The official number is capped for permit reasons but there is no reason you cant be right in the middle of everything. I know that the new mexico club is holding an event based out of another campground in the area so no reason to " do something on your own".

There’s an 80 in TC that looks very nice. I might take a look this weekend.

At this point I’d be way, way down on the wait list so I’m not going to sign up.
I did have the thought that I might caravan out there with you all and then go do something on my own.

The trails are public and if there is room at the KOA, most everyone will be there. Casey, the one organizing this is all about reminding people they are free to be there. I think it is just an event thing and maybe a permit for the group on the trails but really all are welcome

The trails are public and if there is room at the KOA, most everyone will be there. Casey, the one organizing this is all about reminding people they are free to be there. I think it is just an event thing and maybe a permit for the group on the trails but really all are welcome

Too slow there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom