Wanted Solid axle (1979-1985) mini-truck Aisin hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a good pair of mini truck, solid axle Aisin hubs (1979-1985)...OE Aisin hubs only please!

cruiser outfitters sells new ones, for a reasonable price.

cruiser outfitters sells new ones, for a reasonable price.
If they are the same ones Roger is selling, I read some scuttle on the forum last week about QC.☹️

Last edited:
If they the same ones Roger is selling, I read some scuttle on the forum last week about QC.☹️

bummer that is not good. I don't know what ones Kurt is selling
maybe Kurt will chime in
@cruiseroutfit

Last edited:
How are the 79-85 mini truck lock out hub different than the later FJ40?

AFAIK there is no difference 79-85 mini truck, 84-85 4 runner, 79-90 Landcruiser all used the same
the hub bodies and lock out are the same on IFS trucks, just the inner gear needs to be changed to fit the birf versus the CV axle
I've used good IFS parts and swapped the gear and they worked the same

With the greedy Chinese flooding the market with cheaply made knockoff parts, the sellers we trust here are encouraged to denote "aftermarket" or "reproduction" if not clearly obvious in their photos, especially if it's for a safety item. Many of us spend dearly for original Toyota parts because of their reputation for strength and quality and longevity, and don't want to be misled by lookalikes or copycats. My 2 cents.

the hub bodies and lock out are the same on IFS trucks, just the inner gear needs to be changed to fit the birf versus the CV axle
I've used good IFS parts and swapped the gear and they worked the same
Yep - That is the cheapest option, considering used Aisin IFS hubs are still relatively plentiful at junkyards for $50/hub. Finding good 30-spline inner gears to swap into them can be an issue though. Trail Gear sells some Longfield chromoly inner gears but they’re a little pricey ($135). However, buying two used IFS hubs for $50 a piece from a junkyard and swapping in the $135 Longfield gears would still be cheaper than buying new Aisin SA hubs ($320 for a pair).

I would check car-part.com to see if there are any used SA or IFS hubs near you and then go from there. Might get lucky and find some SA hubs at a junkyard close by.

Yep - That is the cheapest option, considering used Aisin IFS hubs are still relatively plentiful at junkyards for $50/hub. Finding good 30-spline inner gears to swap into them can be an issue though. Trail Gear sells some Longfield chromoly inner gears but they’re a little pricey ($135). However, buying two used IFS hubs for $50 a piece from a junkyard and swapping in the $135 Longfield gears would still be cheaper than buying new Aisin SA hubs ($320 for a pair).

I would check car-part.com to see if there are any used SA or IFS hubs near you and then go from there. Might get lucky and find some SA hubs at a junkyard close by.
You can get the RCV inners for $110. I don't know if RCV still make the Longfield ones since Longfield was bought by Trail Gear, but a bit cheaper and I expect as good or better quality.

bummer that is not good. I don't know what ones Kurt is selling
maybe Kurt will chime in
@cruiseroutfit

Chiming in way late on this one.

All of our hubs are 100% authentic AISIN made in Japan hubs. While we’ve been hit up by many of the knock off hub companies, we don’t deal in anything but AISIN. We’ve sold thousand of AISIN hubs and stock more options and inventory than anyone in the US I would presume. Not going to ruin our sales on those by shipping any knockoffs.

C7476AAF-91AB-4DA2-9711-518EBD57EEC9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom