For Sale Solid 1972 FJ40 on East Coast: Long Island, NY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm thinking of selling my 1972 Land Cruiser. Asking price: $7995 obo

This FJ40 is very solid. This is not your typical East Coast rust bucket. This 1972 Land Cruiser came from Kansas 8 years ago and was partially restored with a rebuilt motor, new paint and new suspension including the leaf-springs. Unluckily the previous owner parked her outside and the paint job shows it.

Nice original interior with original seats and original rear jump seats, original metal hardtop (I do have a soft-top also). Correct "F" motor straight-six, starts-up instantly every time, runs great, great oil-pressure. No drips, no leaks. The three-speed transmission shifts great, front hubs lock and un-lock smoothly. Brakes are stock and work great. She travels straight down the road, doesn't pull left or right. Just did an oil and filter change. Has a very solid rear towing bumper installed, that receives both trailer hitch sizes.

The body is extremely straight, with no accidents. The driver's side front floor has been replaced, as well as a small patch on the passenger side front floor. A few bubbles are starting in a couple of places, but nothing big. All the typical rust areas that these trucks can have are VERY solid. Crawl underneath, look around, she's a very solid basis for an easy winter restoration or a father-son project. There are no strange hacks or modifications either.

Please remember, this is a 41 year old truck, it is not new. It will need TLC here and there as any 41 year old vehicle does. She has been a local summer beach cruiser and gets thumbs-up everywhere. Only about 1000 miles have been put on the truck in the last 8 years, odometer says 60,000 miles.

I'm asking $7995.00 A good reasonable offer will be accepted, but I think the truck is priced very well, especially when you look at the prices of restored examples that are running $20K-$35K these days. I really do want to keep her and am in no rush to sell. Why am I selling her? I have another classic car, and don't have the space for two. Paperwork is clean.

Only real emails will be responded to, "email offers" will be ignored, make sure to mention the vehicle in your email subject heading and the email itself to show that you are a real person and not a spam-bot. If the ad is up, the truck is still available. I will begin showing the truck starting this weekend.
Thanks

IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

Call me at 8644342685, I'd like to buy it.

This FJ40 is very solid. This is not your typical East Coast rust bucket. This 1972 Land Cruiser came from Kansas 8 years ago and was partially restored with a rebuilt motor, new paint and new suspension including the leaf-springs. Unluckily the previous owner parked her outside and the paint job shows it.

Nice original interior with original seats and original rear jump seats, original metal hardtop (I do have a soft-top also). Correct "F" motor straight-six, starts-up instantly every time, runs great, great oil-pressure. No drips, no leaks. The three-speed transmission shifts great, front hubs lock and un-lock smoothly. Brakes are stock and work great. She travels straight down the road, doesn't pull left or right. Just did an oil and filter change. Has a very solid rear towing bumper installed, that receives both trailer hitch sizes.

The body is extremely straight, with no accidents. The driver's side front floor has been replaced, as well as a small patch on the passenger side front floor. A few bubbles are starting in a couple of places, but nothing big. All the typical rust areas that these trucks can have are VERY solid. Crawl underneath, look around, she's a very solid basis for an easy winter restoration or a father-son project. There are no strange hacks or modifications either.

Please remember, this is a 41 year old truck, it is not new. It will need TLC here and there as any 41 year old vehicle does. She has been a local summer beach cruiser and gets thumbs-up everywhere. Only about 1000 miles have been put on the truck in the last 8 years, odometer says 60,000 miles.

I'm asking $7995.00 A good reasonable offer will be accepted, but I think the truck is priced very well, especially when you look at the prices of restored examples that are running $20K-$35K these days. I really do want to keep her and am in no rush to sell. Why am I selling her? I have another classic car, and don't have the space for two. Paperwork is clean.

Only real emails will be responded to, "email offers" will be ignored, make sure to mention the vehicle in your email subject heading and the email itself to show that you are a real person and not a spam-bot. If the ad is up, the truck is still available. I will begin showing the truck starting this weekend.
Thanks

Thanks

Call me at 8644342685, I'd like to buy it.

Thanks
Does hard top removable? And if so how easy? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom